Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Vancouver's Lunarfest 2011
Lens: DA15, DA40 Camera: K-x Photo Location: Vancouver, BC ISO: 1600 
Posted By: jaieger, 02-12-2011, 02:11 PM

A few weeks ago, I was volunteering (which turned out to be a 6 hour, instead of 3 hour shift, leaving me utterly exhausted. But that's a different story) and part of my shift was spent handing out coupons at Vancouver's Lunarfest, something I'd never heard of before. I walked in and was amazed by all the floating handmade paper lanterns and the like; it had such a great ambiance to it that I knew I had to return later, with a camera and not working. Return I did, last night

I'd been taking embarrassing pictures of my friend all night long, so I gave her my camera and let her do the same to me ;D

On the K-x's LCD, this looked to be a favorite of mine, but on the computer, the blues were blown out and a combination of handshake and misfocus marred this picture, unfortunately.

My favorite of the night

Also, afterwards (it's a pretty small display) we walked around downtown Vancouver for a while and I took the opportunity to exercise some HCB decisive moment-ing. Don't think it worked out amazingly well but it was in good fun

Thanks for looking!

If you like what you see, please do head over to LunarFest | Facebook and like the page, then like Fan photos from LunarFest | Facebook this photo to vote for it in the Lunarfest photo contest! Besides, if you're going around on this forum, chances are you're bored with nothing to do anyways
Views: 1,642
02-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A fun series - night-time colors are rich and subjects great. Terrific job.

Jer
02-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I like the first and sixth shots especially. Very sharp and clean at 1600.

Victoria has a Lunarfest in Beacon Hill but I think it was canceled last year due to fund raising issues. I rarely get over to Vancouver but that would be a good reason.

Cheers,
Steve
02-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
nice varied series of photos, thanks for taking me along. Bob

02-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

This was a fun series. Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like a good time was had by all.
02-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
This was a fun series. Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like a good time was had by all.
Thanks very much! Yeah, while the exhibit was pretty small, it was really quite nice inside and impossible for anybody not to smile

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
nice varied series of photos, thanks for taking me along. Bob
Thanks for the comment! And right back at you for all your travel photos

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
I like the first and sixth shots especially. Very sharp and clean at 1600.

Victoria has a Lunarfest in Beacon Hill but I think it was canceled last year due to fund raising issues. I rarely get over to Vancouver but that would be a good reason.

Cheers,
Steve
Thank you! I agree, the more I use my K-x, the more I feel comfortable with pushing the ISO boundaries. I'm tempted to print a photo at ISO 6400 just to see if it'll show up at 8x10! I'm not sure if a 15 minute exhibit justifies making the long trip here but then again Vancouver has tons to do, if you have the time, you should come on over

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A fun series - night-time colors are rich and subjects great. Terrific job.

Jer
Thank you very much! : D

And, if you guys enjoyed these photos, (shamelessplugtime) be sure to head over to the Facebook page and give me a like! : D