Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
another beautiful day in Paradise
Posted By: little laker, 10-14-2007, 07:54 PM

It was another beautiful day in Paradise, and I had to take advantage of it.
And I wasn't the only one

The leaves had breathtaking colors

And although I'm a little disappointed in these next 2 pictures there was even the odd flower

That's a fly on the inside, I thought that I was getting a bonus

I was hoping for a little more detail

And I made a new friend.

I used my Super Takumar 300mm F4 for this shot and almost didn't get it.

He was too close to me, and when I told him that he had to be about 18' away for me to take his picture he went around 17' and looked at me saying why don't I hear that shutter snapping yet.
I have to buy this guy a tape measure

I'm leaving on a 6 or 7 day trip tomorrow morning, but with a little luck have several breathtaking pic's when I get back
Views: 1,587
10-14-2007, 08:05 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I always enjoy your pictures and captions. I like the "new friend" shot and also the vibrant color in the leaves. I was in your part of the world when I was around 15 years old. We use to visit my grandparents in the state of Washington. I remember driving into BC and thinking that this is really a pretty place. Not sure how far we ventured, I have slept a few times since I was that age.
10-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Stu, great shots as usual. The red oak leaves shot was remarkable. Your work always impresses me
10-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nels Quote
I always enjoy your pictures and captions. I like the "new friend" shot and also the vibrant color in the leaves. I was in your part of the world when I was around 15 years old. We use to visit my grandparents in the state of Washington. I remember driving into BC and thinking that this is really a pretty place. Not sure how far we ventured, I have slept a few times since I was that age.
Thanks Nels
If your ever up this way again I hope that you notify me ahead of time.
Then there's a good chance that I can give you a tour of some of the closed to the general public places.
Just some of the perks to both knowing a lot of people and doing some work for the press

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Hyde Quote
Stu, great shots as usual. The red oak leaves shot was remarkable. Your work always impresses me
Thanks Scott,

I was wondering what those leaves were. Thanks for teaching me something today

10-16-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Great shots Stu. I like the colours and atmosphere of the first. (I'm keen on getting a canoe when we eventually make it to BC). Great colours in the leaf shots. Well done getting the close up of the chipmonk.

Paul
10-16-2007, 03:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Stu, I just love the colours of the first shot. They are all great but the canoe surrounded by those Autumn colours is very impressive IMO.
10-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #7
Syb
Veteran Member

The first shot is a short story in itself. Look at those two in the boat! What did they just discuss? Why doesn't she look happy? Is his look relieved? One may start to believe that.

And then; they have a dog on board! A dog! Is he his (probably) or hers?

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced they do not know each other. Or that's what she thinks. Maybe he picked her up and offered to take her down the river a few miles, to find a mechanic to fix her car.

He's happy to have her in his boat, she's not happy. What is she afraid of?

Well. Time to go asleep; thanks for these images!

10-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah, the look of Fall - something I miss as a transplanted Yankee in Texas. These are very nice, Stu. Keep 'em coming.

Jer
10-16-2007, 07:51 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Your first and second shots are really quite nice! Looks like you're enjoying paradise!
10-17-2007, 12:33 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Nice set! I really like the first two photos especially. The warm colors and lighting are very inviting and gives a strong sense of place and season.