Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Warehouse Lady
Posted By: Mike Cash, 10-15-2007, 06:25 AM

One of the nice ladies who works at the wicker/rattan warehouse in Tsukuba, where I delivered a container of Vietnamese wicker this morning.

Takumar 105/2.8
Solitary Vivitar 2500 on lightstand to camera right, remotely triggered

Same shot in color:

Views: 1,434
10-15-2007, 06:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really like the B&W version, Mike. It is pretty dramatic. After seeing that...the color version doesn't excite. Well done!
10-15-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, I believe I like the b/w version better myself. I'll probably print out both to give to her.

I was the third driver from my company to deliver to this place, and the info I had was that it was a horrendous place to get into that trucks 1/3 the size had no business trying to get into. Had to come off the main road down a narrow side street, clip the corner of a camera store parking lot, pull partway up into the parking lot of an eyeglass shop, back down into a side street narrowly missing two telephone poles on the front left, guy wires on the rear right, and a stop sign on the rear left, then back 100 yards down a residential street, then into the warehouse, being careful not to take out the brick fence of the apartment building parking lot across the street. Word also had it that the folks there were surly and not nice at all.

I made it in on the first shot, got along like it was old home week, and came away with six new pals who'll be glad to see me again and a few nice photos. I'm a pretty sure bet to get sent back again, so I'll hand over the prints then. There have been times when I hauled around prints in my truck for two months waiting for a chance to give them to the person in the photo.
10-15-2007, 08:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

LOVE the contrast and shadows in the B&W version, truly a piece of art!

10-15-2007, 08:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

The black and white version put me in mind of Eugene Smith (one of my favorite photogs from the past). The series of images was Minimata I believe. Anyway, well done.
10-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

btw, Mike. I really liked your self-portrait (b&w of you in your truck) at your Home Page. The lighting set-up made the shot. You certainly have an ability for portraiture.
10-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike, you've been doing some great work lately, nice photos:-).