Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Dreaming...just dreaming...
Photo Location: Dreams then reality 
Posted By: BlueBubbleBoy, 02-15-2011, 08:31 AM

I haven't been able to get out and take many photos lately (except the last one ), so here's a little dreaming....

I'm really wishing I was at the beach right now watching the sunrise (preferably while sitting on a surfboard)...


Running in the sand with my son...


Or playing in the sand with my daughter...


But instead, I'm faced with working on stuff like this...


Thanks for sharing in my daydreaming.

Last edited by BlueBubbleBoy; 02-15-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Views: 1,493
02-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,848
I almost hate to tell you this Barry but we are heading to the beach for a few days Thursday. It will be in the '70s. I will take a walk in the sand for you.
Love the colors in the sky and the kids photos. They have a soft dreamy quality to them that I find lovely.
I never like pictures of work. Ha.
02-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member
UpNorth's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Minnesota, U.S.A.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 711
I'm with ya' Barry. Can't wait until the snow leaves, the ice goes out and the water warms up.
If it makes you feel any better, we usually can't get in the water until about the 4th of July at our place, as it takes that long for it to warm up!
The colors in the first shot are great - but the shots (and the pp) of the kid photos are really nice. Ilove the perspective of you getting down to their level - instead of shooting down at them - and those spontaneous shots are always the best.

Think warm!

Tim
02-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
dcmsox2004's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: rhode island
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,444
wonderful compositions barry.... the shots of your children has that nostalgic feel to them... memory makers.... beautiful sunset shot.... wish i was there.... dave m

02-15-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N. Calif
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,733
nice pics...............dreams do turn into reality....
02-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,471
Nice photos with the exception of the work photo, I think I would go back to bed and have another dream. Susan has the right idea, go to the beach and take another photo. thanks Bob
02-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
Banned




Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alberta
Posts: 218
Great shot of your son but even better capture of your daughter,well done Barry.
02-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #8
Veteran Member
BlueBubbleBoy's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alabama
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 642
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I almost hate to tell you this Barry but we are heading to the beach for a few days Thursday. It will be in the '70s. I will take a walk in the sand for you.
Love the colors in the sky and the kids photos. They have a soft dreamy quality to them that I find lovely.
I never like pictures of work. Ha.
Oh Susan, why do you torture me. Hope you guys have a great time at the beach!
Thanks for the comments on the photos and enjoy your big road trip to Alaska later this year...yes, another place on my bucket list.

QuoteOriginally posted by UpNorth Quote
I'm with ya' Barry. Can't wait until the snow leaves, the ice goes out and the water warms up.
If it makes you feel any better, we usually can't get in the water until about the 4th of July at our place, as it takes that long for it to warm up!
The colors in the first shot are great - but the shots (and the pp) of the kid photos are really nice. Ilove the perspective of you getting down to their level - instead of shooting down at them - and those spontaneous shots are always the best.

Think warm!

Tim
Thanks for the complements Tim, they are appreciated! That's crazy the water is cold until July up north. I'm sure by late April/early May the water here will be nice!

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
wonderful compositions barry.... the shots of your children has that nostalgic feel to them... memory makers.... beautiful sunset shot.... wish i was there.... dave m
Thank you very much for the nice comments Dave. Do we need a Pentaxian gathering at the beach this year?!

02-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
Veteran Member
BlueBubbleBoy's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alabama
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 642
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
nice pics...............dreams do turn into reality....
I'm hoping man, I am hoping...

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Nice photos with the exception of the work photo, I think I would go back to bed and have another dream. Susan has the right idea, go to the beach and take another photo. thanks Bob
Bob, I'd love to have gone back to bed this morning and had some more good dreams, but better yet, I think a real trip to the beach would be ideal! Thanks for the comment!

QuoteOriginally posted by kryss Quote
Great shot of your son but even better capture of your daughter,well done Barry.
Thank you very much for the very nice compliments!
02-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,219
Those shots of your kids are terrific, Barry.

Jer
02-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #11
Millionth Poster!
Scottnorwo's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stafford, New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,070
super shots and great story. A dream I share also, but am vexed by at least 2 months more of winter weather, then stormy spring time. Maybe in May
02-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #12
Veteran Member
BlueBubbleBoy's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alabama
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 642
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Those shots of your kids are terrific, Barry.

Jer
Thank you Jer, much appreciated!

QuoteOriginally posted by Scottnorwo Quote
super shots and great story. A dream I share also, but am vexed by at least 2 months more of winter weather, then stormy spring time. Maybe in May
Thank you Scott, and good luck making it through winter!
02-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #13
Junior Member
4Vn_Shotter's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ha Noi
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 45
I like the last one
02-16-2011, 06:24 AM   #14
Veteran Member
BlueBubbleBoy's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alabama
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 642
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 4Vn_Shotter Quote
I like the last one
I need to be more like you.
Reply
« Greece | the family »

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo, sand
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dreaming of daisies knyghtfall Monthly Photo Contests 0 04-20-2009 01:22 AM
day dreaming Urmas R. Post Your Photos! 2 04-17-2009 05:54 AM
Dreaming of Santa legacyb4 Post Your Photos! 5 12-18-2008 05:24 PM
dreaming distorted_vision Post Your Photos! 6 11-05-2008 10:31 AM
Dreaming about next PMA announcement regken Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 02-28-2007 08:24 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:14 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top