Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Mission BuenaVentura
Posted By: jgredline, 10-15-2007, 10:20 PM

Hi Folks..
Here is a small mission my wife and I stopped at on our way home from Mission Santa Barbara...( We went on a mission trip :mrgreen: )
These pics were taken with My K110D...

This is mission BuenaVista

An old wooden bell

A bunch of old books...High ISO no flash

An old fountain

Does anybody have the time?

Need to take care of those indulgences..

Extremely difficult conditions..Very dark and no flash..Very high ISO.

Views: 2,179
10-16-2007, 06:02 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
This mission is

located in Ventura. I was born in Port Hueneme and lived in Ventura until 1975 when I was twelve. I really enjoyed seeing these pictures as it brought back some memories. IMO the high iso shots looked very good. Thanks for sharing these.
10-16-2007, 06:36 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a great series. Very much liked the old bell, books and sundial. The last 2 look like flash shots though. There's clearly a strong light behind you and the ceiling shadows are dark and well defined. Was the sun shining through a window behind you? That camera performs well at high ISO's.

nice series
10-16-2007, 06:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Very nice series - other than the picture of the safe the colors and focus look spot on. Beautiful scenery thanks !

10-16-2007, 07:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hi Guys.
Thanks for the comments..As I recall, I did use a flash to shoot the safe and the wooden bell..The safe is located inside the old church and it was so dark in there that the camera really hard a hard time focusing..Other than that, no flash.. Those church shots where shot at ISO 3200..
10-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Great shots! You're right about the interior. It is really, really dark in there. Your high ISO shots came out very well. Nice series. (I lived on a sailboat in the Ventura Harbor for twelve years.)