Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tuesdays The Day!
Lens: Tamron 18-250 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Texas ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Rupert, 02-19-2011, 09:23 AM

Some of you know Kathryn from snapshot postings here. I have been unable to get her down to my little Studio for months due to conflicting schedules and her lack of free time. She is a working College student, and time is short.
Her last attempt to make it to the Studio ended when she flipped her car on a rain slick road and rolled it several times. Luckily she received only minor injuries.

Yesterday at lunch, she told me she will be there this coming Tuesday after classes...around 2 PM. Her boss, the owner where I have eaten lunch every day for years is giving her the day off so she can make it to the Studio. Her Mom wants some good shots of her....I think that is the driving force here. I hope I can deliver!

Cross your fingers for me that it all works out and that I can do justice with my very amateur skills.
Best Regards
Rupert

Kathryn - I think the Tammy 18-250 does fairly well wide open at 250MM and from about 25 feet away . Not Studio quality, but good enough for snaps.

Same settings
[IMG] [/IMG]
Views: 1,892
02-19-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'll watch for your post on Wednesday. No excuses from her or you this time.

Tim
02-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Tim....I have my fingers crossed! We live in such a busy world that making time for extras is often not easy. She has almost made it several times, but bad luck has stood in the way.
Best Regards!
02-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Rupert, you should be paying her, she is a student, waits on you at the diner, poor gal rolled her vehicle trying to get to the studio, probably should be out with her boyfriend if she has time for one, and after all of that you probably don't share the hot wings with her. Your photos here are a good advertisement for Marlboro though, have fun. Bob

02-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Bob.....I do often slip the girls a $50 bill for their efforts. We are all friends and in it for the fun, but they do have needs as you pointed out. Last time when I got to the Hot Wings, they were all gone!
Best Regards!
02-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thanks Bob.....I do often slip the girls a $50 bill for their efforts. We are all friends and in it for the fun, but they do have needs as you pointed out. Last time when I got to the Hot Wings, they were all gone!
Best Regards!
Rupert--you have a great subject to work with.Keep it Professional--charliezap
02-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
Millionth Poster!

Good luck on Tuesday. a beautiful young lady should make for some amazing photos
02-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Indeed good looking model - best of luck (half your job is done already )