Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
*star* LBA... [3 IMG]
Posted By: Duplo, 10-16-2007, 08:45 PM

Well I finally found it (and not it is not a DA*)

The FA*24... New and at a decent price too...

Well and the obligatory first photo:

scene looks familiar does it not?

and one at f2:

It may not be for every one, but I am going to like it I think.

It will not put my A24 out of work though. I still like the A24 a lot for landscapes and situations where manual focus is critical.

Sorry about the boring photos, but I had to do a test somewhere and my balcony was the closest
Views: 2,074
10-16-2007, 11:41 PM   #2
Forum Member

Nice to see that you found one in great condition.
10-17-2007, 05:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pdmlmember Quote
Nice to see that you found one in great condition.
Yep definitely nice to come by

Last edited by Duplo; 10-17-2007 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Careless spelling...
10-17-2007, 06:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good lens!

I too would recommend keeping the A24, if for nothing more than it is extremely compact and light weight. I used it extensively on my last trip. My A24 is also better at wide apertures for CA and purple fringing, in fact it is my single best lens for the latter. The FA*24 is certainly sharper though. It is really a gem.

10-17-2007, 06:15 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Nice find. Seems a decent price on this one is hard to find. I've no idea what the price was when they were new but the going rate on auction seems to be above $600 USD these days. Yes the pic looks familiar but the lens looks sharp. Congrats!
10-17-2007, 07:47 AM   #6
Ari
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Duplo Quote

Sorry about the boring photos, but I had to do a test somewhere and my balcony was the closest
Not boring photos at all! I love the architecture where you live-would love to see even more! I think the only other one's I've seen were with the Northern Lights Pictures-
10-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
Good lens!

I too would recommend keeping the A24, if for nothing more than it is extremely compact and light weight. I used it extensively on my last trip. My A24 is also better at wide apertures for CA and purple fringing, in fact it is my single best lens for the latter. The FA*24 is certainly sharper though. It is really a gem.
Something we agree completely on... I really like the A24 for landscape work... the precision of a MF prime is still better than any AF prime, even though the limiteds comes close.

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Nice find. Seems a decent price on this one is hard to find. I've no idea what the price was when they were new but the going rate on auction seems to be above $600 USD these days. Yes the pic looks familiar but the lens looks sharp. Congrats!
Ebay prices are crazy... but in reality just a matter of supply and demand...
But still crazy I think...
QuoteOriginally posted by Ari Quote
Not boring photos at all! I love the architecture where you live-would love to see even more! I think the only other one's I've seen were with the Northern Lights Pictures-
thank you Ari.
I have a lof of photos from last autumn of the local architechture, I will try to finalise the Gallery for you one of these days.

Yep true, it is a very similar composition to one of my aurora photos.