Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

How many ways
Posted By: tessfully, 02-25-2011, 07:03 AM

can you photograph a .......

Last edited by tessfully; 05-09-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Views: 4,447
03-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Wow - I nearly missed this thread. Lovely shots Tess ! Working backwards : #1 and #3 are so beautiful. That Tamron 90 can be a devastating weapon in the right hands.

03-19-2011, 01:22 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Very nice serie, great shots!
03-19-2011, 05:14 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Thanks Marcus --- I am glad you like them. That lens is really the very best for these types of shots. The colours vibrant and the bokeh always very interesting.

Crazysaint, thanks for reviving the thread. I am finding these images hard to beat. I am waiting for spring too so I have different subjects to practice on...

How about you? How is the macro work going??

I got a new lens... a DA21 Ltd and I have been having fun and trying different shots to see what the lens can do. I am going to start a new thread to post a few.

Cheers!

Have had little chance to get out or even get the K-X out. heading off for a few days in a week to a national park here in the UK. Due to weight I can only take the kit lens, so should get plenty of macro work done. Will post the best ones when I return.
Have fun with the new toy lol
03-19-2011, 06:59 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These are all very nice, tess - you sure know how to "see" a picture among the ordinary. For some reason, I'm especially taken with the first one - it makes me think of comfortable solitude.

Jer

05-08-2011, 05:33 AM   #20
Inactive Account

A few shots of horses hoof fungi

05-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Excellent photos Crazysaint!hmmm... I think we have some of that fungus here as well. I really like your DOF in the second and that third is to die for... so so good! Glad I was notified about this thread revival.

I got carried away with these beauties. Fire moss in bloom, a very ephemeral and minuscule flower. I used the Tamron 90 and my Kx. I still have depth of field issues but these really are tiny. I tried every setting, and these are about the best.

05-10-2011, 01:06 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Wow, I like those last three a lot. The fourth seems to have great DOF.

I used my kx and it's kit lens again for mine. Haven't run them theough any post pro. yet though. Think I could tweek them to get some really nice photos from them. Hurray for fire moss and rainbow bracket fungi.

05-10-2011, 01:29 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where have you been hiding, did Norm finally let you out of the shed, love the series. Post more, thanks Bob
05-10-2011, 03:29 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Crazy... Ha! Rainbow Bracket Fungi! I could not find a proper name for that anywhere. Thanks for the tip and the comments. For no post-processing your photos are amazing. Yes, pp will bring them out even more, and you may find some nice reds, silver and powder blues in those fungi.

Bob, I have missed you! I have just been so busy now that the snow and ice has melted. But I have been taking photos with colour in them! and hope to make a couple of series as well as engage with the forum more.

thanks for being here
05-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice series - sharp and colorful!
05-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #26
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Crazy... Ha! Rainbow Bracket Fungi! I could not find a proper name for that anywhere. Thanks for the tip and the comments. For no post-processing your photos are amazing. Yes, pp will bring them out even more, and you may find some nice reds, silver and powder blues in those fungi.
Thanks Tess. Soon as I get a moment I will run a couple through pp n see what I can do.