Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Yucca Bloom
Posted By: Bob Harris, 02-25-2011, 09:25 PM

the bloom on this type of yucca only lasts for about a week and blooms in late winter. I felt fortunate to get it in prime time. The 2nd photo shows the plant one week after full bloom

Attached Images

Views: 3,712
03-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bob, those are such interesting plants. Love the colours in the photos too. Very cool. Do they grow in patches or sporadically here and there? Thanks for finding these and posting them. We got two feet of snow over the last two days so it will be awhile before I can share some wildflower pics.

cheers!!!!!

03-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Bob, those are such interesting plants. Love the colours in the photos too. Very cool. Do they grow in patches or sporadically here and there? Thanks for finding these and posting them. We got two feet of snow over the last two days so it will be awhile before I can share some wildflower pics.

cheers!!!!!
they generally grow in groups, reproducing and becoming larger each year, and they grow at certain altitudes it seems in the desert. Two more feet of snow, last photos of yours and Norm I saw, it was starting to melt off. With all of that moisture you are going to have a glorious green spring and summer I would think.