Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A day at Filoli
Lens: DA15, Tamron 28-75 Camera: KX Photo Location: Woodside, CA 
Posted By: LisaR, 02-28-2011, 08:51 AM

I went down to the Filoli mansion for a few hours of shootng, this is one of my favorite places to go and I visit at least 3 times a year. There are always different flowers blooming and things to shoot. I stayed outside yesterday and did not shoot inside. Here is a bit more about Filoli Filoli.

Thanks for looking

Views: 1,358
02-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
#6. Different perspective and very effective. That is a beautiful place but I have never heard of it. Who was the owner? You captured the mansion very well. Thanks for sharing.
02-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks Susan, here is a bit of the history of the house which I did not shoot yesterday, but will when I go back for the tulips in March/April. Most famously, it is the mansion seen from the air in the opening credits of the Tv series Dynasty. The mansion's interiors were also featured in the first episodes of the series but were subsequently replicated on sound stages at the Fox Studios, Century City. Filoli stood for Mr. Bournes credo..."Fight for a just cause; Love your fellow man; Live a good life."

History
History
02-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What Susan said. They are all good, but #6 is superb.