Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Snowdonia reflections - sunrise revisit
Posted By: simonkit, 10-19-2007, 07:40 AM

Set the alarm clock this morning & dropped into Snowdonia, North Wales again with the intention of catching a few more reflection shots in my favourite location

Here are a couple of them - all C&C appreciated

simon

Views: 1,415
10-19-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Beautiful - I can see why it's your favourite location!
I prefer the 2nd one.
10-19-2007, 08:24 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Excellent landscapes. It's been a long time since I climbed Snowdon, but I still remember it well.

One small suggestion. The foreground looks slightly overfiltered, although most people may not notice it. I would make either the foreground another 1/2 to 1 stop darker or the sky another 1/2 to 1 stop lighter.
10-19-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by simonkit Quote
Set the alarm clock this morning & dropped into Snowdonia, North Wales again with the intention of catching a few more reflection shots in my favourite location
Similar ideas... I left home at 05:00 a.m. yesterday to go to Snowdonia from the Midlands and take pictures in Dinorwic quarry.

I took several photos such as http://www.pbase.com/davekitson/image/87507733/original.jpg from Plas-y-Brenin where your shots were taken and further along the road towards PyG.

The sky refused to go blue for me tho'.

dave

10-20-2007, 01:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dave kitson Quote
Similar ideas... I left home at 05:00 a.m. yesterday to go to Snowdonia from the Midlands and take pictures in Dinorwic quarry.

I took several photos such as http://www.pbase.com/davekitson/image/87507733/original.jpg from Plas-y-Brenin where your shots were taken and further along the road towards PyG.

The sky refused to go blue for me tho'.

dave

It's very difficult to catch all the ideal weather conditions together in Snowdonia - I'm lucky that I'm within 45minutes of Snowdon so all those times I've travelled there & not got the shots I've wanted aren't quite such much of a pain

simon
10-20-2007, 07:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great shots Simon. Beautiful reflections. Prefer 2 but 1 is also very good. Suspect 1 would look the best in a big print though.

Paul
10-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #7
Inactive Account

These are very beautiful! I prefer the second one for one small reason... the sky and reflections look better with the rest of the landscape. However if I didn't see these side by side, I wouldn't have even picked that out. Very nice work on both!