One of the works from last weekend
Thanks for peeking CC welcome.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Views: 2,752
03-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A nice shot, but lacking in something. Back is interesting, but much to much still hidding. Looking for lines and curves and not showing in this photo. I am sure other shots from this session will show them better as she looks lovely
03-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks I think the lighting could have been better, but I am still playing around with my setup
03-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The pp isn't bad in terms of the skin, doesn't play well with the shadows though. I thought the shadow form the knot on her top was a birthmark at first.

But mostly, I don't think the background is working with the rest of it.

03-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
Forum Member

Superb! Stunning! Probably the best picture of all time.

Last edited by ajoe; 03-05-2011 at 08:56 AM.
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
Inactive Account

You guys are killing me here...

People post pictures on this site all the time that are lackluster and look like snap shots and everyone leaves comments about how great the shot it... What a farce. Then someone posts a strong image and all of a sudden everyone's an expert and the image is pulled apart and dissected... What a joke.

Phil - this shot drips of your style and I'm a MAJOR fan of it and YOU. The framing (not literally meaning the wood), the selective sharpness, the colours, the green/gold/bold/rusty feel that your images always have, the feeling, the emotions it evokes from the viewer are all there.

Could the lighting have been better? That's up for you to decide, as it can ALWAYS be done differently from what you chose to do, but this image is very good and your work is getting better all the time.

Congrats on another winner!

c[_]
03-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Hey this is the part of the forum we are here for, to learn. to learn to take better shots, to see better shots. To do this we all contribute photos for others to comment on, whether good/bad, knowledgeable/ignorant. Some comments are right on the nose others way off. The photographer should not be offended as the intent is to get some feedback and learn, as I am trying to do also.
The photo above is great and something not in my league. kudos goes to the photographer

03-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, lighting's not bad IMO. Pose is evocative and interesting enough, sure not the most flattering but certainly well conveyed and presented.
03-05-2011, 12:53 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
About the photo:

I definitely see the shadow with the bow, and I guess it doesnt add to the photo. I am not quite sure about the crop with the model to the side though ; while I am always thinking of rule of thirds, but some shots I like to just abandon it. I think this in-your-face middle crop works for this picture, but i agree that different opinion will exist

I thought the bow gives just a little more dimension there to compliment the model's slender back. Without it I think the photo would be flat.

Clinton, thanks for the compliment!

As long as the CC was meant to build, I welcome them (I had a CC 6 months back where the poster said after coming across one of my images he'd not want to see another or something to that effect. That was a little hurtful, lol.)

No offense for the comments was taken. I agree, we are are here to learn. We do get better even if by way of seeing someone else's mistakes (if only to remember not to do it ourselves).

Cheers