STUNNING !

Eric
03-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Too good.
03-04-2011, 02:53 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very interesting. What are they? Google time.

03-04-2011, 03:25 AM - 1 Like   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Cool! I suppose you collected them and put them in a tank on a piece of glass? Very nice! For those who were wondering, nudibranchs are sea slugs which have bare gills - the feathery appendages you can see in the photos. The name refers to the uncovered (nude) gills (branches). They come in all sorts of amazing shapes and sizes. One of the jewels of coral reefs!
03-04-2011, 06:30 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

fascinating subject, superb shots... great color, detail, and the dof used is perfect... dave m
03-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Nice shots and thanks for the explanation (as I had no idea).

03-04-2011, 08:41 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Absolutely stunning photos. Thanks so much for showing them to us. And thanks to Rob for explaining them to us.
03-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Very nice shots Tim ! Where did you shoot them ?

I do (used to - not so much of late) a lot of diving around Thailand / Borneo / Indonesia and you see a lot of these beautiful (and often toxic) creatures.

EDIT. On 2nd thoughts I think Rob is right - the reflections give these away. You have them in a tank right ?
03-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Those are awesome! The colors are absolutely stunning. The pink one if photo 3 looks good enough to eat but I'm sure that wouldn't be a good thing. Well done.
03-05-2011, 02:53 AM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Absolutely stunning photos. Thanks so much for showing them to us. And thanks to Rob for explaining them to us.
Welcome! I've seen one when diving but alas, my photo was awful (underwater photography is really hard). However, one of the guys I work with has some excellent photos of nudibranchs in the wild including something called a "spanish dancer" because it swims upward by swirling its sides like a spnish dancer swirls her dress.
03-05-2011, 03:14 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Spanish Dancer etc.

Timothy - hope you don't mind me putting these in here ? If you do I'll take them down - no problem !

This is the one Rob. I also have a video fo her 'dancing' ... amazing. The Spanish Dancer shot was taken off the coast of Borneo. The others from all over S.E. Asia - can't remember where !

Nowhere near as good as Timothy's but it's tough at 25M with a strong current . *that's my excuse* !

03-05-2011, 03:32 AM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Timothy - hope you don't mind me putting these in here ? If you do I'll take them down - no problem !

This is the one Rob. I also have a video fo her 'dancing' ... amazing. The Spanish Dancer shot was taken off the coast of Borneo. The others from all over S.E. Asia - can't remember where !

Nowhere near as good as Timothy's but it's tough at 25M with a strong current . *that's my excuse* !
Great macro shots! You must have had a nice strobe system to get the depth of field and even lighting. I've only got a few snapshots I've taken while diving or snorkeling. Nothing like these!
03-05-2011, 03:39 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Great macro shots! You must have had a nice strobe system to get the depth of field and even lighting. I've only got a few snapshots I've taken while diving or snorkeling. Nothing like these!

Maybe you won't believe me Rob but all my thousands of diving shots were all taken with an Olympus 3040 (3 mp) in a housing and using either the in-camera flash or a powerful torch !! That was a great little camera.
03-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Awesome shots frogfish!

The more nudis the better! I would love to take my camera underwater some day.