Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sara Singing..
Lens: da* 50-135 f2.8 Camera: pentax k5 Photo Location: Small recording studio ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Usuqa, 03-06-2011, 07:21 AM

My friend Sara has been picked up by a small/new local music guy (divulge music), He has been taking her to a recording studio and local pubs as a confidence boost which i think is great.. since before that she was just recording herself for youtube.

Anyway he had a guy take photo's of her which I thought didn't really do her justice so I went down and took a photo of her while she was in a small studio. I didn't stay long because she started to look nervous as more people came in (including the other photographer and with his canon!) and I felt it was time to go.. as its about her and her music more than anything else.

So here's a shot I took...

Views: 1,341
03-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
Kai

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like it. I would print it and have her sign it for your wall. nicely done!
03-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have no idea why I'm giving an opinion here because this really isn't my thing and I don't know anything about portraits. My first impression is that it is a lovely photo but I can't see her mouth because of the microphone. I wish it had been taken a little to the side. I like everything else about though and it may not bother anyone else.
03-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I have no idea why I'm giving an opinion here because this really isn't my thing and I don't know anything about portraits. My first impression is that it is a lovely photo but I can't see her mouth because of the microphone. I wish it had been taken a little to the side. I like everything else about though and it may not bother anyone else.

Yer i know what your saying, I had limited space and moving over would have gave me crap in the background.
The day wasn't really about photo's it was about her singing so I just set up the two flash's and took a few shots, I was going to do more but another photographer guy came in (who had taken pictures of her previously and i wasn't impressed with is work.. hence why I went down).. and a guitarist and it was all getting to much for her.
So I packed up and left so that she could get on with what shes doing.

I have offered to take photo's of her another time in better locations, Trying to do my part to help her