Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Longwood Gardens In Fall
Posted By: Photo Tramp, 10-21-2007, 03:55 AM

Yesterday (Sat. the 20th) my wife and I were able to meet Edzarts one of our esteemed forum members. I purchased his K100D BTW. (It's a great camera Ed.) After purchasing the camera from Ed my wife and I went to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square PA. to give it a work out. We assaulted the Gardens loaded with the K100D and also my ist DL (which I taught my wife to use very quickly.) Here are some of the first shots with the K100 and also some of my wifes first shots with the DL. the lens on the K100D was my trusty DA 50-200mm and my wife used the DA 18-55mm together we got some very nice shots and had a great time doing it.

Water Lily's.

Orchids.

Mums.

And a gold fish.

Grounds.

I'll post some more when I have some time today. I hope you enjoy.
Views: 3,250
10-21-2007, 01:29 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi David!

Wonderful shots you have here. I guess the 1st of the Orchids was from Ginger? I really like that one. Please pass on to your wife my regards and best wishes for many more wonderful shot from her new camera.

Longwood is a great place and the waterlillies are fantastic, are they not? Good luck organizing a meet-up. No doubt, I'll be stuck with wishing I could go Regardless, have fun using the grandparents pass!

-Mark

10-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you all for your kind comments. I must admit I am very pleased with the way these shots turned out. I'm more then pleased at the performance of the K100.

Tracy, Sean, Alan and any one else who would like to meet for a shoot here at Longwood they will soon be getting ready for their Christmas programs which I think start right after Thanksgiving. The lighting and decorations, along with the flowers are always fantastic. So if your interested lets pick a date and really have a great finish to the year. Nothing like family and friends getting together for the holidays.

Yeah I'm in for it. what about the rest?
10-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by betsypdx Quote
These are very nice and I like that Mrs. Photo_Tramp is starting to get the Pentaxian bug. I love seeing shots of Longwood Gardens - my grandparents used to take us there when we visited them in Delaware (my grandmother went there for fancy balls in the Conservatory when it was still the Duponts' home). I'm glad to hear they have "grandparent passes" - what a great idea. Next time I'm in the area I'll pm you all for that get-together.
Any time your in the area Betsy it would be a pleasure and a privilege to shoot with you. I have always admired your work and would be very pleased to share a shoot with you.
10-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SWEngineer Quote
Hi David!

Wonderful shots you have here. I guess the 1st of the Orchids was from Ginger? I really like that one. Please pass on to your wife my regards and best wishes for many more wonderful shot from her new camera.

Longwood is a great place and the waterlillies are fantastic, are they not? Good luck organizing a meet-up. No doubt, I'll be stuck with wishing I could go Regardless, have fun using the grandparents pass!

-Mark
Thank You Mark and Ginger thanks you too. i really would love to get together again and shoot and this would be an excellent place to do it. If you get back this way we will plan on getting together and going for the day.

10-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #20
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great stuff posted. Looks like you guys had a great day.I really like the 3rd one in the second set as well as the water Lily's. Well done.
10-21-2007, 07:33 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Thank you all for your kind comments. I must admit I am very pleased with the way these shots turned out. I'm more then pleased at the performance of the K100.

Tracy, Sean, Alan and any one else who would like to meet for a shoot here at Longwood they will soon be getting ready for their Christmas programs which I think start right after Thanksgiving. The lighting and decorations, along with the flowers are always fantastic. So if your interested lets pick a date and really have a great finish to the year. Nothing like family and friends getting together for the holidays.

Yeah I'm in for it. what about the rest?
Let me know when you are doing this. I'd like to tag along if possible. Mrs Hyde has a K10D as well and I'm sure she would like to go too
10-22-2007, 06:33 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Great shots! I'm up in Phoenixville and have been to Longwood a few times; wouldn't mind going again!

10-22-2007, 06:47 AM   #23
Inactive Account

Excellent shots!!!
10-23-2007, 02:01 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Great Shots

The color in these photos is amazing!!! Great shots..

Its almost like I put my nose to the screen and scratch and sniff them!!!! LOL

Kim