Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Longwood Gardens In Fall
Posted By: Photo Tramp, 10-21-2007, 03:55 AM

Yesterday (Sat. the 20th) my wife and I were able to meet Edzarts one of our esteemed forum members. I purchased his K100D BTW. (It's a great camera Ed.) After purchasing the camera from Ed my wife and I went to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square PA. to give it a work out. We assaulted the Gardens loaded with the K100D and also my ist DL (which I taught my wife to use very quickly.) Here are some of the first shots with the K100 and also some of my wifes first shots with the DL. the lens on the K100D was my trusty DA 50-200mm and my wife used the DA 18-55mm together we got some very nice shots and had a great time doing it.

Water Lily's.

Orchids.

Mums.

And a gold fish.

Grounds.

I'll post some more when I have some time today. I hope you enjoy.
Views: 3,249
10-21-2007, 05:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Mrs. Photo_tramp!

Hi David!

What a lovely place. We should try for a get-together there!

Glad you got a K100! That's fantastic that you're showing your wife how to use the DL. Were any of the pictures you posted taken by her?

The pink lily and the white star lily are standouts.
10-21-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi David. The colour is stunning even in this time of the year.

The 2nd, 3rd shots are my favorite.
10-21-2007, 06:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

appears to have been a day well spent , some really exquisite images there.......

10-21-2007, 06:18 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Tracy long time no see. It's good to hear from you again. Ginger is getting use to the DL and I think she is doing very well for not knowing anything about what she is doing. she says it's totally different from her S3000 P&S and more fun to use. Her shots that were posted are numbers 4, 7, & 9 the lens she was using was the DA 18-55mm so she had the wider angle shots covered.
I also think the water Lily's are some of my favorite shots but here are a couple more taken by both of us.

Grounds shot.
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/david9506/IMGP5288.jpg[/IMG

10-21-2007, 06:21 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Hi David. The colour is stunning even in this time of the year.

The 2nd, 3rd shots are my favorite.
Thank You James:
The colors at Longwood Gardens are always outstanding. I thank you for the kind comments. Please check out the second set I posted in Tracy's reply.
10-21-2007, 06:27 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gpaual Quote
appears to have been a day well spent , some really exquisite images there.......
It was definitely a day well spent. In fact we enjoyed it so much we bought a Grandparents pass that allows us to take the grand kids anytime we want and spend the time walking in beautiful surroundings and enjoying the time with the kids. The pass is good for a full year from the day purchased. that means we will be able to go down during the Christmas season and photograph the lights and all the beautiful pageants they have at this time of year.
If it weren't for the purchase of the k100 and going to Philly to pick it up we may never have gotten the chance to enjoy this day.

10-21-2007, 06:57 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Hi Dave,
Congrats on the K100. Terrific series, beautiful colors. With the drought we've had down here, I'm afraid there is not a lot of color left.

Love the gold fish.
10-21-2007, 07:05 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Yesterday (Sat. the 20th) my wife and I were able to meet Edzarts one of our esteemed forum members.
Nice shots, Dave! Too bad, as usual I was going the opposite direction - Ben's last football game of the season was yesterday, so I was in York County for the day.

QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
Hi David!

What a lovely place. We should try for a get-together there!
Amen!! I'm in!
10-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Very nice set of flower shots, David. I really like the bord-of-paradise in the second set.

--
Al
10-21-2007, 08:35 AM   #11
Veteran Member

These are very nice and I like that Mrs. Photo_Tramp is starting to get the Pentaxian bug. I love seeing shots of Longwood Gardens - my grandparents used to take us there when we visited them in Delaware (my grandmother went there for fancy balls in the Conservatory when it was still the Duponts' home). I'm glad to hear they have "grandparent passes" - what a great idea. Next time I'm in the area I'll pm you all for that get-together.
10-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Dave, STUNNING. I love them all colors are amazing and all sharp as a tack. Glad to see you out and about posting some great shots.
10-21-2007, 09:28 AM   #13
dbh
Inactive Account

Beautiful images.
--
dbh
10-21-2007, 10:01 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I looked through these eariler today but I didn't have time to reply. the photos were so good I made point to come back and tell you so. Nice work.
10-21-2007, 10:50 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
very nice pics, PT . I especially like the water lillies. I haven't been up there in years, only a 45 min. ride too. Some of the first film I developed was from a trip there in '73 in the winter with my new minolta srt100, I'm glad it's still thriving