Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Is Mrs Rupert Correct?
Camera: K20d 
Posted By: Rupert, 03-11-2011, 09:48 AM

Mrs Rupert claims that men get better looking with age, while women get worse? I thought about this a little, and decided that while I was testing my remote and tripod for the K5 arrival, I would do a comparison shot or two........

I'll be damn, I think she is right! What do you think?

Sept 11 2008

March 11 2011

I was going to take it over to Portrait Pro, but just didn't see any need, when you have it, you have it, no need to doctor it up! Squirrels and their"Big Ugly" nonsense.......they're just jealous!

BTW-Better looking hat too! It was my Grandad's favorite hat. Sure, the top comes off in a good breeze, but otherwise it is very comfortable...and still stylish!

Your opinions welcome, but if you let your girlfriends view, remember....I am already taken by Mrs Rupert.....Lucky Girl she is!

Best Regards!
Views: 3,287
03-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't know, you look pretty squirrelly to me...

I just could not pass that one up.
03-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My theory would be women know they are going down hill, men are in denial, egomaniac that most of them are about this kind of thing.

I thought (based on reputation) that this kind of post in Texas might mean you might wake up with your nuts removed by a shotgun blast. Obviously, it's all reputation.
03-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what I think, is you are a very fortunate man. Bob

03-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is Mrs. Rupert correct?
I think a more fitting question would be "Is Mrs. Rupert a Saint, or visually impaired, or both?"
03-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hey rupert... when did barbara walters interview ya about otis and his penchant for all things pentax??????

03-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
I don't know, you look pretty squirrelly to me...

I just could not pass that one up.
You beat me to it.

03-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mrs. Rupert is both wise and beautiful, but perhaps she should take another look at the data before coming to final conclusion. Indeed, she might consider evidence such as this:

03-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
Veteran Member

It's the hat that throws it off. Makes you look older. Put that hat on your wife....... Ok, I tried Rubert... She is just one hot babe and you.... look to be a extremely wise man for knowing choosing so well!. We can call you "The Wise One" Cheers. JIMBO
03-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #10
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
I appreciate you guys....there I was thinking that Mrs Rupert might be wrong, but I can see from your responses that she isn't! I'm not just getting older, I'm getting better looking too! Combine that with my new K5 coming Monday and what more could I ask for?

Best Regards!
03-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Better without a doubt how could she be wrong ! The lovely and talented Mrs. Rupert just maintains her beauty (but she started with soo much , we cannot catch up).

And Like Jer here's Proof !

03-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #12
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Dave, that's just too handsome for words, makes me feel sort of 2nd place for sure. You can bet I won't let Mrs Rupert see it, she might get to thinking I am not so good looking after all!

Best Regards!

BTW- I know you are as grateful as I am that we don't have to waste time and money on all those fancy cosmetics! We simply don't need them. On the other hand, Mrs Rupert spends the equivalent of several Ltd lenses a year on that worthless junk! I don't mind her hair color stuff, although it stinks when she uses it, but it does look better than what must surely be her snow white hair, after all, she is 64 years old? But I will never ask her about her hair.......I like getting new camera gear when I want, and that could come to a halt if I got nosy......
03-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Very wise man. It is supremely foolish to get between a lady and her cosmetics or her hair dye if she uses it. Remember it's not about "you" she knows full well you'd likely prefer didn't use it. It's about how much better she feels with all that goop on her face and her nicely colored locks. Some women do choose to age sans all that, but the vast majority of us like our warpaint, and no man if he's truly smart will ever try to stop us from using it.

Me, I mean to be the most foxy 90 year old on the planet. I'm going to walk around with a smart looking manicure and a face camouflaged by just the right amount of makeup until I drop. I don't believe in overdoing it, but I'm just not one of those ladies who can see myself with salt and pepper hair and no proper face up, ever. I'm wise enough to know I do need that "junk" unfortunately. I look like a ghost without it, so I usually just grimace and make room in the budget for it even though I'd much rather spend that money on lenses myself.

You have a very pretty wife Rupert and she's very lucky to have a husband who appreciates it and knows it. She has a very kind face besides. Obviously the truest part of her beauty comes straight from within.
03-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Oh for heaven's sake you guys, wives are ALWAYS right. I thought you all would have realized that long before now.
03-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #15
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Oh for heaven's sake you guys, wives are ALWAYS right. I thought you all would have realized that long before now.
Neither women nor men are always right. The difference is that men are never wrong. tease1