Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 with the 50 f1.4
Posted By: kpfeifle, 10-22-2007, 06:05 AM

Hello All:

I was out mucking about with the 50 1.4 and I liked these two shots. C&C welcome.

Views: 1,181
10-22-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the subject matter for both shots but have a few suggestions.

The apple shot is good and I see you like to limit the focus point. I would have focused on the second apple in the first bag on the left. It's bigger and more dominant in the picture. The focus point seems to be the small slice of the apple behind it and I found myself searching for the spot in focus. I might have tried to under expose the shot a bit more as well to bring out the reds in the apples but the detail with the white bags is very good so that could be achieved with a little PP.

The irrigation unit is a great subject from certain angles but I think a little over exposed and the dog is a distraction. Does this unit have another wheel or other equipment within a reasonable distance down the pipe? Maybe change the angle and to get something interesting that is out of focus that doesn't interfere with the near wheel. maybe try to include a second wheel in the background.
10-22-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Both photos could benefit from more depth of field. They are both essentially still lifes. Use the AV setting and set your F stop to 22 - 32. Use a tripod if necessary.