Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Satellite dish installation (just a series)
Lens: DA18-55WR Camera: K5 Photo Location: Multichoice Randburg (South Africa) 
Posted By: sterretje, 03-14-2011, 09:37 PM

Last saturday a new satellite dish was installed on the roof of one of the buildings of my ex-employer Multichoice in Randburg (South Africa). Thanks to an ex-colleague, I had access to the roofs of the buildings.

Below some impressions, all taken with the DA18-55WR. I added that at the last moment to my bag as I had the suspicion that the FA31Ltd would not cut it this time.

The 'driver' (or whatever he's called in english)
Unfortunately the camera was still on MF, so it needed a bit of extra sharpening in 'the gimp'.

The first 2 supports ready to go up

Not much margin for errors

The main column

Needs to be tilted first

I'm an electronic engineer by trade and think in M3 or M4 for nuts and bolts. This is M42 (and it does not fit on my camera).

There it comes

Coarse alignment

Trying to get it in place

Nearly there but not quite yet

Done, now make sure that it does not fall over

Is it level?

And the main course

Hook it up

There it goes

Nearly there

Fix it and we're done

Views: 2,022
03-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love the last shot. Although the pin is too short to actually do it, the man in the yellow hard hat looks like he is about to get a blow to the face!