Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Fruit Day at General Electric
Camera: Panasonic lumix Photo Location: lynn ma 
Posted By: charliezap, 03-16-2011, 09:06 AM

Wednesday is "Fruit Day" here at General Electric and I thought that I would have some fun with it.The young guys here in Tool& Die got a good laugh from the poster.All kidding aside the contract runs out in June and it looks like the medical is going to take a big hit for the worse.I feel bad for the young guys and new hires that may have to live with a lousy contract.As for myself I plan on retiring around June -July time frame.I started at G.E. in 1963 and it's time to move on and enjoy life.---charliezap

Attached Images

Views: 2,496
03-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Charlie, that is too funny. Looks like everyone will have to take a hit of some type in the future and you should retire and enjoy "The Fruits of Your Labor" while you can. Bob
03-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Charlie, that is too funny. Looks like everyone will have to take a hit of some type in the future and you should retire and enjoy "The Fruits of Your Labor" while you can. Bob
Hi Bob--I'm hoping that the new contract will sweeten the pot for pensions for people like myself who will be getting out.--charliezap
03-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great laughs, Capn. So far, I'm enjoying retirement, although I've gotta couple of days of hard labor ahead to clean up the boat for spring.

Jer

03-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Enjoy retirement ! I am not really close - but there is a long tunnel at the end of the light (I hope to retire some day ...) - oh and a fun shot.

Jer I am long way from feeling sorry for ya with the hard labor cleaning the boat
03-17-2011, 06:08 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great laughs, Capn. So far, I'm enjoying retirement, although I've gotta couple of days of hard labor ahead to clean up the boat for spring.

Jer
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Enjoy retirement ! I am not really close - but there is a long tunnel at the end of the light (I hope to retire some day ...) - oh and a fun shot.

Jer I am long way from feeling sorry for ya with the hard labor cleaning the boat
Making a move is always tough.I'll probably wish that I had done it sooner once I go through with it.---charliezap
03-17-2011, 06:11 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey Charlie,

From this Dutch colleague at GE: great job! (In more ways than one...)

03-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Hey Charlie,

From this Dutch colleague at GE: great job! (In more ways than one...)
Hi Mikey. Over here at the Lynn Ma. G.E. plant we build and test several aircraft engine lines.We build and are proud that we supply the engines to the F/A 18 Hornet fighters that the U.S. Navy uses.What goes on at your plant?---charliezap
03-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Hi Mikey. Over here at the Lynn Ma. G.E. plant we build and test several aircraft engine lines.We build and are proud that we supply the engines to the F/A 18 Hornet fighters that the U.S. Navy uses.What goes on at your plant?---charliezap
I'm actually in corporate, not at a plant, dealing with global trade compliance for all of the businesses. I therefore get to support you guys when you want to deliver to a customer and find out there's one of these pesky borders in between you and delivery to your customer somewhere in the world.

Those pesky borders usually turn out to be manned by customs officers who keep telling us what we cannot do or shouldn't do. I make sure we listen to them... and are able to understand what they're saying
03-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

love your sense of humor charlie...... tip of the hat to all those who powered those mighty 'hornets'..... davem
03-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
love your sense of humor charlie...... tip of the hat to all those who powered those mighty 'hornets'..... davem
Hi Dave--We do have a fair amount of fun in Tool&Die at the Lynn G.E. plant.We are not a production area.We are like the firemen" who make sure that all the fixturing needed to keep production areas running is capable of sustaining their quotas.When a fixture goes offline we have a great talent pool to repair and return.Each day we never know what emergency may crop up but we have the highest skilled tool makers--die makers--and all around machinists needed to put the fires out to "keep em flying"--charliezap