Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Dog :D
Lens: 16-45 Camera: K-x Photo Location: Croatia, Zagreb ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: SMeK, 03-23-2011, 06:19 AM

Hello pentaxians :-)

Let me introduce my dog - his name is Roky and he is 91 dogs year old but He is still in great shape. He is afraid of shutter sound so I used little trick for him to be focused. Actually I bring out my cat and He was hypnotized

Also I have one question. Those pictures are basically straight out from camera. Bright image mode saturation 1, contrast 2, sharpness 3. I have only resize them via IrfanView (apply sharpen after resize was checked). So what do you think about sharpness overall? Is it too sharp? Maybe it would be better with ps->image size->resample bicubic sharper->bit of unsharp mask (0.2 radious)? I am still experimenting with basic PP so every critique and advice is welcome. Thank you all for responses and i hope you like my dog :-)

5. And bonus - FOCUSING cat

Views: 1,606
03-23-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Terrific shots and appealing perspective of your dog. I do not think they are too sharp, but to me they are just right. The cat photo is very nice, too, and the cat's reflection makes it even better.
03-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

#1,#2 & especially #4 are great ! No definitely not too sharp - IMO when PPing animals they should not be treated the same as humans. Nice & sharp every time.

I would however be a little bit more careful of your background in future - a nice field or in the woods etc. would have made these even better.

Great pet / friend you have there !