Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Otis Came Home.....
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Rupert, 03-24-2011, 07:08 PM

After a day of hiding out Otis has finally come home. He is saying that the little pregnant girly Squirrel has mistaken him for the daddy Squirrel and it was actually an impostor using his name that put her in a "motherly way". Sounds fishy to me, but there are a lot of Squirrels that try to imitate the famous Otis, leader of the world's largest Squirrel Army.

Instead of running away, Otis claims he was just going up to treetop level for some fresh air and a view of the terrain.....
[IMG] [/IMG]

He also said he wasn't hiding, but just being cautious.......
[IMG] [/IMG]

We will see what happens...Otis has promised to track down the real daddy Squirrel and make him support his new babies. No comment here....I'll argue with most anyone, but not Otis, it just isn't healthy.
Best Regards!

BTW-Don't want to keep drumming it over and over, but can hardly help it. The K5 has brought a new shooting joy and excitement that I have never experienced before. I could write a whole page...or two...on the reasons, but I'll just say it is simply amazing in every regard. If you have been thinking of one, by all means get one at your earliest opportunity. You won't have to wait longer than the first quiet click to begin to see and feel the advantages...and they are many, and wonderful!
Views: 1,703
03-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rupert, the Saga of Otis continues, only the Shadow knows the truth. fun pics and narrative, glad you are enjoying the K5, do a seperate thread on what you like about the camera and how you set it up, would be interesting.
thanks Bob
03-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Bob.....Otis keeps me on my toes! It is pretty scary to open the door to my deck each morning and be greeted by an Army of Squirrels.
He's not really a bad Squirrel........well, he is not really a good one either. But...he does keep things exciting!

The K5.....I have only had it a week and could already write a book about the little I have learned from its use. Just a spectacular camera in every regard. You hate to put it down and wake up wanting to use it as much as possible. Nothing like any prior Pentax I have owned...and I have been thrilled by my trusty K20D, so I hardly imagined the treat in store with the K5.

Just one (of many) examples....the Bigma is big and slow......many shots have been missed due to the grinding of the gears while it tries to lock focus. Now it locks fast and accurate in all but the lowest of light....even then it is twice as fast as it was. For a Squirrel Shooter, this is a wonderful improvement.....when Otis is impressed that he doesn't have to freeze for 30 seconds while focus locks, you know you have a winner! More...there is much more!

Best Regards!