Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
handsome single man
Lens: f 50/1.7 Camera: k10d Photo Location: new orleans ISO: 400 
Posted By: wil4713, 03-29-2011, 03:52 PM

Ok, so I have a few girl-friends who are always complaining about the lack of nice/nice-looking guys, so I've started this project called "Handsome Single Men". I've just started, but the idea is to take maybe-too-serious photos of my single guy friends and put some interesting facts/stories/phone numbers on the back of the prints, which go to the girls. It's been a fun way to think about/shoot pictures that I normally wouldn't (and to get some ridiculous quotes from my guy friends).

This is number two in the series. What do you think? I know I missed the focus a little (esp in the first one) and there's a bit of lens flare, but open to any c&c you like!

Oh, not sure if the data shows up, but shot with a K10D. ISO is 640, aperture 2.2, and shutter speeds are 1/80 and 1/125, respectively.

Attached Images

Views: 2,685
03-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm just going to say it's about time we got some eye-candy for the rest of us?
But seriously, I like the second one because it doesn't look like he's trying. He's just there in a candid moment looking how he looks in what is probably more a natural expression.
03-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They're nice renditions and good settings for the portraits, but as you said focus is the main issue, and some PP work to bring out some of the shadow detail may be helpful in improving the overall look of these images.

Thanks for sharing.
03-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

What Adam said ... or maybe some fill-flash as well. looks like the overhead lights are creating hard shadows around his eyes.