Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The up north view
Lens: DA L 18-55 Camera: K-X Photo Location: Tasoh 
Posted By: doskopanda, 03-29-2011, 10:02 PM

Below are pictures from the early days when I got my K-X which is about 1 year ago where I went for a trip back to my childhood town and I was brought here by a few mate for a photoshoot and this the results. I'm not really sure which framing works well for a print so I'm putting both of these same shot with different foreground

Views: 1,586
03-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like both, but I think for a print I'd choose #2. You have a better sky with more clouds and contrasts up there, and the foreground is more interesting. In #1 the focus is entirely on hte peaks, in #2 it also draws the eye to the other portions of hte landscape. At least *my* eyes!

Jim
03-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
Zig

Photos: Albums
My vote is for #1.
#1 keeps my attention on the subject, while the foreground offers enough detail to make the entire capture interesting.

The second picture continues to draw my attention to the small tree/bush and unidentified dot in the lower right hand corner.
03-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like both - but number 1 is, in my view, in a class by itself. Mytersious and compelling. Very well done.

Jer

03-31-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

#1 for me too. More detail in the hills.
03-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a terrific location. There is more drama in the sky in #2 but I have to say #1 is my favorite. As Susan said there is more detail on the main subject and that subject is more dominant in the frame. Nicely done!
03-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
I like both, but I think for a print I'd choose #2. You have a better sky with more clouds and contrasts up there, and the foreground is more interesting. In #1 the focus is entirely on hte peaks, in #2 it also draws the eye to the other portions of hte landscape. At least *my* eyes!

Jim
QuoteOriginally posted by Zig Quote
My vote is for #1.
#1 keeps my attention on the subject, while the foreground offers enough detail to make the entire capture interesting.

The second picture continues to draw my attention to the small tree/bush and unidentified dot in the lower right hand corner.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I like both - but number 1 is, in my view, in a class by itself. Mytersious and compelling. Very well done.

Jer
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
#1 for me too. More detail in the hills.
QuoteOriginally posted by BlueBubbleBoy Quote
What a terrific location. There is more drama in the sky in #2 but I have to say #1 is my favorite. As Susan said there is more detail on the main subject and that subject is more dominant in the frame. Nicely done!
Thank you everyone, I'm more attached to no.1 as well. Its just something that really hold me onto it and I just cant stop looking. Definitely in my print large list