Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Old New York City
Posted By: joelw135, 10-26-2007, 09:26 AM

Taken with the K100D Super and the 18-250 lens. I love playing with post processing and sometimes it gets out of hand. Critique welcome. Consists of eight photos stitched together with Panorama Plus 2.

Views: 1,472
10-26-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like it! I don't think anything's got out of hand here (then, I'm fond of this sort of work/play myself) and you've got a nice vintage feel going. I like how you framed the image, and I think the rays add to the whole.
10-26-2007, 10:38 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I like it! I don't think anything's got out of hand here (then, I'm fond of this sort of work/play myself) and you've got a nice vintage feel going. I like how you framed the image, and I think the rays add to the whole.
Thanks, sometimes I get carried away, and just don't know when to stop. The original photo was very bleak do to the very cloudy polluted sky. Plus the rain didn't help. So I thought this would save a mediocre photo. Thanks again for the critique.
10-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the pano, and the tone of it.
But personaly I wouldn't add the "rays" and the relief buildings...
but otherwise I really like it!

10-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

When you corrected the lean to the left, you overdid it slightly. It's leaning a bit to the right now.

Nowhere near as much as it was leaning to the left, though.

10-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisA Quote
When you corrected the lean to the left, you overdid it slightly. It's leaning a bit to the right now.

Nowhere near as much as it was leaning to the left, though.

I straightened it to the foreground to the right at first and then it made the foreground on the left look really off. So I re-straigntened it to the left foreground or the docks to the left of the ship which was the better of the two evils.
10-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joelw135 Quote
I straightened it to the foreground to the right at first and then it made the foreground on the left look really off. So I re-straigntened it to the left foreground or the docks to the left of the ship which was the better of the two evils.
Yes, I withdraw the comment. I was looking at the buildings, not the foreground, but on closer inspection I think it's an optical illusion. I took a copy (of your second version), stretched it vertically, and lined a vertical selection box up with the sides of the buildings, and they're pretty much exactly vertical now.

Usually I tend to see any slant present, irrespective of a foreground perspective that differs in distance (from the camera) from left to right, but this time I guess it fooled me. Apologies.

10-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #8

Original Poster
No problem Chris, I sometimes look at a photo and see something that I think is off and it turns out to be a trick of the eye.