Posted By: Sailor, 04-01-2011, 05:04 PM

Why you should wear shoes on the dock.

Jer (posted from the dock)

Views: 2,158
04-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
and the rest of the story is....? I don't see any blood, so that is a good sign. Bob
04-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

that's why a nice cold, frosty brew will serve double duty... first to ice the injury, then to dull the pain by drinkin' it..... be careful jer.... dave m
04-02-2011, 05:49 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Toe catcher... I can hear it now: OUCH, *#$@, SPLASSSSSHHHH!

04-02-2011, 05:54 AM   #5
Pentaxian

OK, now that reminds me of a story.

When I was maybe 20 years old I was boat boy for a summer camp located on an island. One of my chores was the 11:00 boat run to pick up groceries and mail at the nearest town. Well the grocery store clerk was just really cute and I was always chatting her up. SO one day I had more groceries than I could carry and she offered to walk me down to the town dock carrying a box. SO she's walking along behind me, and the whole time I was chatting away/ At one point I looked back to check out her response to something silly I'd said and I tripped over one of those things. As I fell into the water, I turned in the air and put the groceries down on the dock on the way by. By the time I got myself back on the dock she was still collapsed on the dock, laughing her head off.

I shoulda been a clown.
04-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Norm that is so funny. I can see it all in my head. Where were those camera phones when you needed them.
Jer, I really liked the perspective and the textures in the shot (even without the toe).
04-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
and the rest of the story is....? I don't see any blood, so that is a good sign. Bob
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
that's why a nice cold, frosty brew will serve double duty... first to ice the injury, then to dull the pain by drinkin' it..... be careful jer.... dave m
Hey guys, I guess my title was a bit misleading, since I didn't suffer injury with this particular toe catcher; I did, however, encounter the evil of toe catchers in the '60's on a rambling old dock on a small lake in Illinois. Once learned, that lesson stuck. Also, there are other good reasons to keep your boat shoes on: splinters and the leavings of ducks and other birds with fowl bathroom habits.

Actually, I grabbed this shot because I noticed the cleat's long shadow.

Jer

04-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
Toe catcher... I can hear it now: OUCH, *#$@, SPLASSSSSHHHH!
Pretty good analysis of how the post crunch episode would unfold, except the *#$@ part probably would be considerably longer and include a number of hyphenated words.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
OK, now that reminds me of a story.

When I was maybe 20 years old I was boat boy for a summer camp located on an island. One of my chores was the 11:00 boat run to pick up groceries and mail at the nearest town. Well the grocery store clerk was just really cute and I was always chatting her up. SO one day I had more groceries than I could carry and she offered to walk me down to the town dock carrying a box. SO she's walking along behind me, and the whole time I was chatting away/ At one point I looked back to check out her response to something silly I'd said and I tripped over one of those things. As I fell into the water, I turned in the air and put the groceries down on the dock on the way by. By the time I got myself back on the dock she was still collapsed on the dock, laughing her head off.

I shoulda been a clown.
Norm, I hear you and understand; I'm prone to such things myself and now always keep a clown nose on my person in case it is needed.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Norm that is so funny. I can see it all in my head. Where were those camera phones when you needed them.
Jer, I really liked the perspective and the textures in the shot (even without the toe).
Thanks, Susan - that's really why I shot the pic, since this particular toe catcher has caused me no offense!

Jer