Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

K10D -- After a shower.
Posted By: Asad_Masede, 12-11-2006, 08:08 PM

Natural shower that is... I've been using this baby in the pouring rain for a couple of days, along with the DA16-45 and Sigma 70-200/2.8 DG and the AF-540FGZ even, not a problem at all.

Now we all know that lenses are fairly weather resistant, but the flash really surprised me, but it was probably more luck than anything else with the flash not getting damaged after a full drenching.

I'm a bit busy, so sorry for my non-response in some of the threads I started and also, Joseph, I still gotta send you that pic of yours still...

Anyway, here's proof of what I've been saying:

Photo taken by Jack Simpson:

Cheers!
-Asad
Views: 4,589
12-13-2006, 12:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Seriously, my mouth was wide opened! You had that sigma lens in the rain?!

Good to know that my lens could stand that kind of test. Not to even mention the camera!

That shot of your wet gear is very vivid!
Actually that was the second day of my taking the Sigma out for a shower, it got even wetter a day before that pic up there. Dont' think I'll risk it too much, though. A couple of days of resistance doesn't mean the lens is fully sealed, just very well protected and designed.

That shot was taken with the DA12-24, a lens I admire but don't have.

Cheers,
-Asad

12-13-2006, 12:27 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Scott Rylance Quote
Fantasic Asad..try doing that with a Canon or Nikkon. ;^)
Thanks Scott, friend of mine was using a Canon 10D and his situation was the opposite, his 70-200/4 was sealed while the body wasn't. He was covering the body on his setup while I was keeping a hand on the lens on mine.

Cheers,
-Asad
12-13-2006, 12:41 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Well done Asad. Glad someone has the ba** ooops, guts.
Thanks JC.

Cheers,
-Asad
12-13-2006, 12:43 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Duplo Quote
Hi Asad,

Nice to see that the sigma can stand that kind of weather, by the way it does just fina at -40C too quite a rugged little lens

I want my K10D now...
Nice to know! Every time I use this baby I'm glad I got it and regret bashing Sigma so much in the past. Well maybe they weren't ALWAYS this good. :P

Cheers,
-Asad

12-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joseph D. Quote
Hey....No problem at all! I'm glad to see you and Jack are getting out. Its been so busy since I got back from vacation that I've only managed about 88 shots so far with my camera. Still getting used to it. Feels great though and love the responsiveness.

Take care and I hope to get out with you guys one day!

Regards,
Yep, let me know in advance. Jack's days off, as you might know are Monday and Tuesday, should plan something for those days.

Cheers,
-Asad
12-13-2006, 12:50 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by philzucker Quote
You really mean I can carry the K10D with my DA16-45 in a downpour and don't risk severe damage to my lens? I fully expected the K10D to handle that (mine will arrive somewhen in 2007), but my old DA16-45?

I thought I had to wait for weather proof lenses to get the most out of my K10D (weather conditionally speaking ...)?!

Phil
Phil, the 16-45 is even better than the Sigma in that regard since I've used that in rain and snow even with the DS. I think you can be fairly safe with the 16-45 in bad weather. :-)

Cheers,
-Asad