Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

My Update
Posted By: Jimbo, 04-07-2011, 08:15 PM

Ok, this week I purchased a D700 and a couple of Nikon lenses. Some may call me a trader, though I will be keeping all my Pentax equipment and will post here with only Pentax images. I want to thank everyone who has supported me in my hobby and I have made many friends on this forum. Some I see on a regular bases and I know this will not change. I posted this thread here because I do not post else where on the forum. This forum, for me, has been a unbelievable home for me for all most three years and hopefully will continue for years to come. I have so much to learn in my hobby and this forum has been awesome in my learning process. Thank you for not only looking at the images I have posted but making my feel at home in a place I have grown to love. To the people who run the site, a big thank you for allowing my to be a small part of it. Cheers and as always... May you be truthfull to the passion of your hobby. JIMBO
Views: 2,545
04-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That GBH is a great shot Jim. Good luck with the Nikon. Will I see you over at Nikonians or the NikonCafe? Yeah, I have a D2X now as well as my K20D and 1D Mk II N. If you have some M42 Takumars you can try using a Fotodiox adapter. Not entirely sold on the plastic lens but it seems to work okay.

04-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
That GBH is a great shot Jim. Good luck with the Nikon. Will I see you over at Nikonians or the NikonCafe? Yeah, I have a D2X now as well as my K20D and 1D Mk II N. If you have some M42 Takumars you can try using a Fotodiox adapter. Not entirely sold on the plastic lens but it seems to work okay.
Thanks Steve. Will keep those sites in mind. Still need to work on figuring out all the controls on the D700. JIM
04-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #18
JMR
Veteran Member

I agree with Nitrok, it's the photos that count most. Enjoy the new camera and maintain your enthusiasm for photography, which is the most important thing.

PS: I have few Nikon manual lenses and the D700 is the camera I alaways wanted, but its more than I can afford right now. But I won't be giving up my lenses any time soon, as I now have a Pentax to Nikon lens adapter from EBay! My 100 micro is now like a 150mm macro lens.

JMR
04-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jim... Of course you'll always be welcome. I always look forward to your shots and still will regardless of what camera you take them with... (unless of course you start sucking with the nikon... LOL JUST KIDDING)...

Mike

04-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Jim... Of course you'll always be welcome. I always look forward to your shots and still will regardless of what camera you take them with... (unless of course you start sucking with the nikon... LOL JUST KIDDING)...

Mike
Much appreciate Mike. As I mentioned, I am not giving up my K20 though I may sell a lens or two. Cheers JIM

QuoteQuote:
agree with Nitrok, it's the photos that count most. Enjoy the new camera and maintain your enthusiasm for photography, which is the most important thing.

PS: I have few Nikon manual lenses and the D700 is the camera I alaways wanted, but its more than I can afford right now. But I won't be giving up my lenses any time soon, as I now have a Pentax to Nikon lens adapter from EBay! My 100 micro is now like a 150mm macro lens.

JMR
Always great seeing you comment JMR and I agree totally with you and Joni. Equipment is only about 20% of the process to a great shot and sometinh I will continue to work on no matter what I shoot. JIM