Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My Update
Posted By: Jimbo, 04-07-2011, 08:15 PM

Ok, this week I purchased a D700 and a couple of Nikon lenses. Some may call me a trader, though I will be keeping all my Pentax equipment and will post here with only Pentax images. I want to thank everyone who has supported me in my hobby and I have made many friends on this forum. Some I see on a regular bases and I know this will not change. I posted this thread here because I do not post else where on the forum. This forum, for me, has been a unbelievable home for me for all most three years and hopefully will continue for years to come. I have so much to learn in my hobby and this forum has been awesome in my learning process. Thank you for not only looking at the images I have posted but making my feel at home in a place I have grown to love. To the people who run the site, a big thank you for allowing my to be a small part of it. Cheers and as always... May you be truthfull to the passion of your hobby. JIMBO
Views: 3,259
04-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love your past shots and the locations you are able to shot. Will certainly miss those in the future. Hopefully I can track your new shots posted on the dark side. However, you are NOT a "trader" since you traded nothing. Not a traitor either....this ain't religion or politics. Peace brother.
04-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I love your past shots and the locations you are able to shot. Will certainly miss those in the future. Hopefully I can track your new shots posted on the dark side. However, you are NOT a "trader" since you traded nothing. Not a traitor either....this ain't religion or politics. Peace brother.
Thank you Lee. Always appreciate your words of wistom on my learning process. Cheers JIM
04-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim, I have always enjoyed your photography and will follow it on your link. Post with this forum as you can, I love the area that you photograph and will miss that. thanks for all the tips and help. Bob

04-08-2011, 05:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

It's the photos that matters not the tools used.
I'm still looking forward to see new photos from you - if not on Pentaxforums, then elsewhere.
04-08-2011, 06:11 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

many folks post using other equipment... don't stray away jim... keep shootin', and keep postin' your shots here.... dave m
04-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim, your photography has been an inspiration and a joy to me since I joined this forum. As others have said, this part of the forum, at least, is not restricted to Pentax gear, so please don't go away. Enjoy your new kit, and happy shooting!

04-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Appreciate everyone kind words. I will of coarse continue to post shots when using my Pentax Gear. Everyone has been so helpful here and it has felt like a extended family to me. Cheers and again thank you for all the help. JIMBO
04-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Jim--It was a pleasure meeting up with you here in cyber space.May the good Lord
"take a liken' to you and yours" even though you're a Nikonian.
04-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Jim, I will miss seeing your photos. They have always given me inspiration. Don't stay away; we don't care what camera you use just keep 'em coming.
04-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey, Buddy - keep posting your great stuff; who cares what camera you use? Note that I have posted photos from my mighty Panasonc LX5 and lived to tell about it .

Jer
04-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Hey, Buddy - keep posting your great stuff; who cares what camera you use? Note that I have posted photos from my mighty Panasonc LX5 and lived to tell about it .

Jer
Thanks Bud. Here are a few off the new camera. Still love shooting the K20 too. JIM

04-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Always love looking at your shots Jim. Look forward to seeing more from both kits (at least you can get wider easier now - though tele is going to cost you !) .... and hearing how you compare them. Likes / dislikes / advantages / disadvantages etc. How do the colours compare right out fo the camera(s) ?
04-09-2011, 05:21 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Thanks Bud. Here are a few off the new camera. Still love shooting the K20 too. JIM
Ahhhhh looks good to me, JIM. The tree-covered street (or highway) is spectacular. Frankly, I don't know too much about competitive cameras, but I have paid some attention to the D700 and I'm betting it will be perfect in your hands. I'm looking forward to seeing more great stuff from you . . . . . from whichever camera your using.

Jer
04-09-2011, 06:45 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Ahhhhh looks good to me, JIM. The tree-covered street (or highway) is spectacular. Frankly, I don't know too much about competitive cameras, but I have paid some attention to the D700 and I'm betting it will be perfect in your hands. I'm looking forward to seeing more great stuff from you . . . . . from whichever camera your using.

Jer
Thanks Jer. The lighting made the shot. [side lighting at the end of the day] There are things I still love about the K20 even over this beast. I will send you a PM in a few days expaining what I see as the +'s and -'s of both. Now I need some big Glass!! Pennies are starting to be saved! JIM