Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Vegas Baby - Night Shots
Posted By: daacon, 10-28-2007, 01:11 PM

The second entry in my Vegas Vacation is some night shots. Now here the corona's are usaully flowing by this time haha. The view from the top of the Eiffle Tower is spectacular for sure.

Ahh to be in Paris in the fall ..

The Bellagio Water Show

North Strip

Thanks for looking.

The Night Series can be seen Night Shots of Vegas
Views: 1,796
10-28-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Amazing night shots Dave. They came out really well and so colourful.

Paul
10-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
Forum Member

1) I like this, but the tree in the upper right distracts me a lot.
2) Awesome; tht thing in the water is sweet.
3) I think you could darken the lower tones in this image to drop the sky to black and it would work a lot better. Right now the texture in the sky bothers me a little bit. Otherwise I like this one too.
10-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

You bring me back. I was just there a few weeks ago.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/13158-vegas-what-trip.html

what a place. Wish I could have shot more but like you said adult beverages make it a little hard to carry the camera around. SR and all

10-29-2007, 05:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Amazing night shots Dave. They came out really well and so colourful.

Paul
Thanks Paul It was about 11:30 PM and from the top of the Eiffle tower you really get a great view of the City. I was using my Tamrom 18-250 - wanted to use a few other lens but ya know there is stuff to do there haaha. Check out the others in the link to my flickr site.

QuoteOriginally posted by sjl7678 Quote
1) I like this, but the tree in the upper right distracts me a lot.
2) Awesome; tht thing in the water is sweet.
3) I think you could darken the lower tones in this image to drop the sky to black and it would work a lot better. Right now the texture in the sky bothers me a little bit. Otherwise I like this one too.
Thanks sjl7678 - The tree does not bother me but I can see your point. That is a water fountain at the Bellagio - it goes every 15 minutes from about 04:00 pm until midnight. It is quite a good show especially from the tower view. There are other shots I took that are sweet as well. Good tip on the sky thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
You bring me back. I was just there a few weeks ago.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/13158-vegas-what-trip.html

what a place. Wish I could have shot more but like you said adult beverages make it a little hard to carry the camera around. SR and all
Thanks Pat I was thinking about ya while I was up there, in fact after seeing your shots it was the reason I went up there. (Been to Vegas several times and never went up to the tower) . And oh Yeah we arrived Sunday and left on Friday evening late so I had 6 full nights to get up there and we stayed at Bally’s the hotel right next to it. In my day shots I just got up early and took some on day two, sobriety was not a problem as the morning usually consists of just a couple coffee and baileys. It was not until Thursday I was sober enough (although that is debatable haha) and had my camera as I was determined to get up there. I almost missed the fountain show as I caught the second last one (11:30 pm ish) - Glad I made it though.