Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Progeny Protégé
Lens: Tamron SP AF 28-75/2.8 Camera: K20D ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: Venturi, 04-09-2011, 11:45 PM

"I want to cheese it, Daddy"

3yrs old and obsessed with cameras already. I'm looking forward to developing his roll of TMax tomorrow (he let me get 4 frames out of the roll)
Views: 1,397
04-10-2011, 01:24 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I understand what is happening here Jim, today I ordered a point and shoot for my eldest son's fourth birthday present. In the last few weeks he has been using anything he can lay his hands on to take photos with - my K-7, our compact camera and my wife's and my phones.
04-10-2011, 01:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You are never too young or old to start up photograghy!!Nice capture!!
04-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yup, samski, he has been camera crazy pretty much since he could walk. We got him one of those Discovery digital cameras and he wants nothing to do with it, but any of mine or the wife's P&S or even my BlackBerry and he starts twitching.

Thanks, Barnster. He really took to it naturally. All I've done is make the camera accessible, and safe, for him and offered help and encouragement when he shows interest.

Here's another one from yesterday. I put a roll of Ultramax 800 in after the TMax and he took over with the K20D.

And a sample of his work (I rotated the camera vertical for him, he did the rest):

04-11-2011, 04:48 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

love these shots.... i wish i could've started so early.... special moments... dave m
04-11-2011, 05:46 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How wonderful your son is so enthusiastic about photography and that you're encouraging him. Great shots, too. I hope you show us some more of his photos.