Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Another Not Work Safe......
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Rupert, 04-14-2011, 09:57 PM

It's bad enough when Summer arrives and my Squirrels start going topless, but now they are apparently trying to outdo each other.......looks like silicone implants to me? Otis says he prefers the "natural look"....I think I'm with Otis on this one.
Otis also requests that you post any "natural" shots you have so that he can make a proper comparison........just for artistic purposes, of course.
Regards!
[IMG] [/IMG]
Views: 1,840
04-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rupert, you always photograph such beautiful Texas gals, you are a lucky man for sure. thanks for sharing... I think. Bob
04-15-2011, 05:11 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another scandalous, but well done, shot, Rupert. I noticed you used ISO 1600 on this one; I'm finding 1600 to be extraordinarily useful on my new K-5 (and 3200 - 6400 seem easiy usable, as well).

Jer
04-15-2011, 05:36 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Rupert---you certainly have an eye for the pretty ones.--charliezap

04-15-2011, 06:09 AM   #5
Aon
Veteran Member

I'm glad you put "not work safe" in the title. I could've gotten into trouble had i opened this thread at work.
04-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bob...She is a beauty, isn't she!

Sailor....Actually this was ISO 2000, which is very useful on the K5...as is 3200. What a camera this K5 is!
Scandalous...yes, it is but Squirrels all over the world love my Gallery and I get millions of hits every day.....they don't always leave a message, but I can tell by the ones that are left that it is mostly Squirrels.....Like this one left for this little Girly Squirrel "My nuts are yours, Sweetie". Now unless that is old Bob, I'm pretty sure it was left by a Squirrel.....you think?

Charlie.....I do tend to be a Lucky Guy! Thanks!

Aon.....Yes, I don't wan to get anyone fired for looking at naked Squirrels! That would not look good on a resume, would it?

Best Regards & Have some fun today, remember, it will never come again!
Rupert
04-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I do like some of the humor here.
And I hesitate to mention the effect the noise in the background together with the textures of the fur and the tree bark... Well, it is just a little bothersome for me.
I can appreciate the relative performance of the K5 with images like this. Just not this image.
I am not trying to start a fight or be just Some Other Jackass.
04-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rupert, it's a very nice image. I just got my K5 last Monday (after the K20D died) and I am as im pressed as you are with this camera. I bought my first camera in 1949, do I need to say any more?

04-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
I do like some of the humor here.
And I hesitate to mention the effect the noise in the background together with the textures of the fur and the tree bark... Well, it is just a little bothersome for me.
I can appreciate the relative performance of the K5 with images like this. Just not this image.
I am not trying to start a fight or be just Some Other Jackass.
It's all a matter of perception, only a few years ago when asa 400 was really high speed, especially when pushed to 800 this would have been an amazing image. Today we demand the almost impossible from our cameras and no, I don't think that you are just some other jackass.
04-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I dunno, it's pretty hard to stage a live squirrel. chipmunks on the other hand.....

edit: I was not referring to Tamia's recent and excellent shots of said chipmunk.

Last edited by EyeSpy; 04-15-2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: clarification
04-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #11
Pentaxian

I guess the squirrels went the way of the womens liberal movement.
04-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yea, but from what I understand she really into the nuts in her life!

:>
04-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just a fun shot guys...thanks for commenting.
Matt, it could have been processed much better, could have been shot with better settings, and could have been a lot of things...but after all, it was only a common naked Squirrel...so why bother? I have a yard full of them and can always get more shots at almost any time of day...any day!

Some shots are about IQ, some are about naked Squirrels......
Here is one I like better IQ wise...but I'll be damned, he forgot to wear his jock strap!
[IMG] [/IMG]
Best Regards!
04-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Otis is a pervert and I think we may need to have him banned from the forum. Well, maybe that is too harsh but we should at least have him keep his pants on.
04-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Otis is a pervert and I think we may need to have him banned from the forum. Well, maybe that is too harsh but we should at least have him keep his pants on.
Susan, maybe he just needs Rehab? He said he would be willing to go to one of those fancy Hollywood Rehab places, provided he can see a menu of what meals are served and what Stars he would roommate with......He wants a famous female roommate that is trying to recover from nymphomania.....he says he could be a real asset in such a setting.......Sounds like Otis is beyond our help.
Best Regards!