Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Freo docks
Posted By: Ash, 04-15-2011, 03:48 AM

It's been over 10 years since I'd visited this fine little coastal town in Western Australia, and it still impresses me. Fremantle is a cosy spot with some nice scenery.

This one was taken at the Fremantle dockyard where the Fremantle Doctor monument is situated:

For those not aware, the Fremantle Doctor is the eastern wind that blows from the sea to cool down the town on a hot summer's day...

And the B shed at the dock:

I am well impressed by the way the K-5 controls long exposure noise - and these were taken with the long exposure NR setting OFF.

Last edited by Ash; 04-18-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Views: 3,307
04-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #16
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks to you all for your kind comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
Beautiful shots, Ash. I've seen quite a few of your night shots since I joined this merry band and have been impressed by all of them, these included.

BTW, it's a westerly. Wind direction is where it comes from, not where it's going to. I knew that things would go to the dogs when the Navy gave up sail and converted to steam. Really, young people these days?...

Richard.
Ah, thanks for the correction. Yeah, we keep getting reminded the 'back in the old days' brief by the well seasoned sailors like "when ships were made of wood and men were made of steel, now ships are made of aluminium and men are ..." (censored for public reading)

QuoteOriginally posted by tootall Quote
You should have mentioned your trip in the WA Social Group (most of us will use any excuse to go out shooting )
Would have been great, but I had no knowledge of how much time or when I had to spend there (nature of the job) and I ended up having just 2 hours from 5-7am to get out and shoot before I had to go away again...

Will definitely consider it next time when it's a more social visit.