Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Book Lovers Got Spines
Lens: DA 35/2.8L Camera: K-5 Photo Location: A Couple of Shelves 
Posted By: Sailor, 04-15-2011, 03:23 PM

In her reading and study, my wife delves into trivial matters . . . . . .

While I seek deeper truths:

The first shot was at ISO 3200 and the second at 1600; this camera "sells me out" as my Dad would've said.

Jer
Views: 1,465
04-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like your book section much better, straight to the point and not too hard to understand and not too mentally challenging
04-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That K5 continues to impress me Jer.---Capn zap
04-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I like your book section much better, straight to the point and not too hard to understand and not too mentally challenging
Hey, Bob - I've got a sizable library on cars from the '50's - present; I also love to read about the industry along with specific companies and the characters that run them. I've got collections that cover other things like jazz and, of course, boats and sailing, but I visit the public library almost every week - biography, history, science fiction, mystery . . . . . I love 'em all.

I enjoy writing, as well. Writing is a part of a scientist's life, and although I was an industrial chemist, I tried to average about 1 paper yearly in the open, academic literature and to contribute the occasional chapter to technical monographs. Even more fun, I just finished an on-line course in mystery writing, a Christmas gift from my daughter and son-in-law.

Still, I can't resist the enjoyment of reading stuff that reminds me of a the sound of a hot engine winding out or the smell of equally hot rubber bruising the pavement!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
That K5 continues to impress me Jer.---Capn zap
I'm pleased thus far, Capn. I ordered the sucker on one of the days that Amazon offered them for 1300 bucks; of course, those willing to wait 5 or 6 months can probably get one for 800 smackers, but I won't think of that now (and I'll forget about it later).

Jer