Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Late Season Snow
Lens: All 3 of My Lenses Camera: Pentax K-x Photo Location: Northern Illinois 
Posted By: krp, 04-18-2011, 09:10 PM

I thought the snow was done for the winter. But I woke up this morning to see a few inches on the ground. It made for some good pictures before it melted away though.

1. Early in the Morning

2. Backyard

3. If you look closely you can see a lot of birds at the top of the tree.

4. Snow on the bushes.

The first 4 were taken with my Tamron 17-50 f2.8. These next two were taken with my Pentax A 50mm f2 with extension tubes.

5. Snow on buds.

6. Snowcone

7. Sticky snow.

8. This morning dove looked cold.

9. Red-winged black bird.

The last 3 were taken with the Pentax 55-300mm.
Views: 1,587
04-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
very nice "cold" series, you folks up there have really caught it this year and hope that spring is finally there after this storm. Just curious, in #3 is that Spanish Moss hanging from the tree or a large weeping willow? thanks for posting. Bob
04-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
Aon
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots. Though i'm not a very big fan of snow right now (winter was pretty rough here).
04-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Love #6 the best but the blackbird shot is very appealing also. Enough with the snow already.

04-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
krp
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
very nice "cold" series, you folks up there have really caught it this year and hope that spring is finally there after this storm. Just curious, in #3 is that Spanish Moss hanging from the tree or a large weeping willow? thanks for posting. Bob
Thanks Bob. It's still really cold now but next week should be warmer. The tree is a weeping willow. You can see in #2 they surround a pond that's behind them.

QuoteOriginally posted by Aon Quote
Nice shots. Though i'm not a very big fan of snow right now (winter was pretty rough here).
Thanks Aon.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Love #6 the best but the blackbird shot is very appealing also. Enough with the snow already.
Thanks Susan. I actually didn't mind this snow since it melted by the end of the day and didn't need shoveling. I just wish it would warm up already. It should be in the 60's here but it's been in the 30's the past 2 days.