Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Camping Reflections
Lens: 43 ltd Camera: Kx Photo Location: Arizona 
Posted By: Bob Harris, 04-21-2011, 11:18 PM

Remember the good old days when you could get away from work and reflect upon the important things in life. Good weather is here and time to make plans for more memories with family and friends.

Attached Images

Views: 2,067
04-22-2011, 01:08 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice one Bob, caravan parks here are pricing themselves beyond the average persons pocket, they think, that everyone earns +$1000.00 pw and are employed by the mining coy's .
04-22-2011, 01:21 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by downunderman Quote
Nice one Bob, caravan parks here are pricing themselves beyond the average persons pocket, they think, that everyone earns +$1000.00 pw and are employed by the mining coy's .
I have noticed in the US that park prices are adjusting to the economy. Lower prices bring in more campers and of course more profits, the owners are starting to catch on. We often enjoy just being away from the crowds and camping in the boondocks. That way we can save our money for the important things in life like shrimp, beef and a beer, love the barbie. thanks for taking a look. Bob
04-22-2011, 06:00 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A placid, coloful scene, Bob.

Jer

04-22-2011, 07:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Bob, I may have tried cropping the trailer out and flipped the image. So cool when the reflection has more interest. JIM
04-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #6
Veteran Member

That's one of my favorite things about camping Bob, is getting away from the business and noise of every day life and having some quiet time to think and reflect. Now I just need to figure out how to get out of work and make it happen!
I like the reflection in your photo. Very nice.
04-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Bob, I may have tried cropping the trailer out and flipped the image. So cool when the reflection has more interest. JIM
Jim, I was hoping the trailer would show up clear in the reflection, but there was too much wind. I left the trailer in for the "camping" theme. thanks Bob
04-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Jim, I was hoping the trailer would show up clear in the reflection, but there was too much wind. I left the trailer in for the "camping" theme. thanks Bob
Oh - That was wind? I thought it was ice on the water!
(Sorry - That was the "Minnesotian-after-a-long-winter" coming out in me!)

Thanks for the reminder that great weather is just around the corner. Looking forward to another summer in the great outdoors.

Where will you guys be spending the summer? Not Arizona, I hope!

Tim

04-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UpNorth Quote
Oh - That was wind? I thought it was ice on the water!
(Sorry - That was the "Minnesotian-after-a-long-winter" coming out in me!)

Thanks for the reminder that great weather is just around the corner. Looking forward to another summer in the great outdoors.

Where will you guys be spending the summer? Not Arizona, I hope!

Tim
Tim, we will be spending 2 months in the Cascade Mountains of Oregon and then spend a month on the Oregon coast. You spent some time in the Arizona desert during the hot season, so you are right about the summer months, take care. Bob
04-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Tim, we will be spending 2 months in the Cascade Mountains of Oregon and then spend a month on the Oregon coast. You spent some time in the Arizona desert during the hot season, so you are right about the summer months, take care. Bob
Looking forward to those pics Bob. I know from some shots Susan (and others) have posted in the past that it looks like a great area.

Tim
04-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A placid, colorful scene, Bob.

Jer
Thanks Jer, it was nice to stay there, most of the areas where we have spent the winter have been brown desert, so a little bit of greenery is pleasant. Bob
04-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BlueBubbleBoy Quote
That's one of my favorite things about camping Bob, is getting away from the business and noise of every day life and having some quiet time to think and reflect. Now I just need to figure out how to get out of work and make it happen!
I like the reflection in your photo. Very nice.
Barry, I know how it is raising a family, but sometimes you just have to get away and as you said think and reflect. thanks Bob