Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Help Starving Squirrels !
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 1000 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Rupert, 04-22-2011, 06:02 AM

Otis insisted that I post this, although I told him you guys have already seen how fat the Squirrels are here and won't buy into this scam......but he was persistent, so here it is....

Otis is requesting kind-hearted donors to send boxcars full of corn and exotic nuts to help his Army of Squirrels and keep them from starving to death. Despite the fact that they are all as fat as hogs, he claims they have been forced to eat tree leaves just to survive......and offers this shot he took as proof.

I have to say he did fairly well using my new K5, but this looks like a staged shot to me.....you too? I have a hard time trusting Otis......

Notice how Otis had the Squirrel position himself to hide his big fat belly. What a con Otis is......

[IMG] [/IMG]

Otis wanted to add, send Beer along with the corn. We are in a drought here and they are short of fluids too. He thanks you guys in advance.

Best Regards
Views: 1,541
04-22-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now that's just sad. A Squirrel resorting to Rabbit food. Knowing from your tales, the likelihood that Otis is trying to pull a fast one though, I do question the sincerity of this photo. Looks quite posed to me. Otis's model hasn't even bitten into the leaf.

04-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
squirrel - is that chip or dale ? both are as cute!
04-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Now thats sharp......

04-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I don't know......even at ISO 8,000 and fairly grainy, Otis' Army Squirrels don't look like skin and bone to me? I think this is just another Otis sham.......anything to get a free meal. Like last week when he sent his Army throughout the neighborhood to "adjust Bird-Feeders" as a public service.

Regards!
[IMG] [/IMG]
04-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
Pentaxian

double post
04-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Great photo . BTW I like corn fed Squirrels .
04-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

We donate each year to a charity of our choice. This year it will be to Otis and his Army. You can expect 100 bushels of corn to arrive at your doorstep soon. Bob

04-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I thank you Lesmore! ........Otis, not so much!

Bob, Otis says this will come just in time for the birth of dozens of Baby Squirrels around here. They will all be raised to praise you for your contribution and as they go through life "straightening and repairing" my neighbors Bird Feeders, you will be the man to thank! Sort of gives you a warm feeling inside, doesn't it?

This little Newbie can rest in comfort knowing that corn from "Uncle Bob" is on the way!
[IMG] [/IMG]
Best Regards!
04-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #10

just great, last one is awesome :-)
04-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Well, I asked if he'd help his fellow squirrel.. He just sat there and stared.

Then he gave his answer..

I'll take it as a no. Sorry Otis, you're gonna have to fend for yourself on Ranch Rupert for awhile. I don't know what you did to piss this guy off but he wasn't very sympathetic to your plight.

04-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I've seen that look in Otis' eye before, it is not a good sign for your renegade Squirrel......That, and the fact that Otis was preparing recipes for Squirrel Stew to send to your Hound makes me think your Squirrel may regret his arrogance!

Regards! ( Nice shots BTW!)

The Otis "look"

[IMG] [/IMG]
04-23-2011, 11:48 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmmm must be too many cats around my area for the squirrel army to try an invasion... barely ever see them in town now days.
04-24-2011, 07:23 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
Hmmm must be too many cats around my area for the squirrel army to try an invasion... barely ever see them in town now days.

I doubt that cats are a factor.....if they get hungry enough they will surely eat a cat?
Maybe they just have a sweet tooth for Hound and haven't discovered how delicious a cat can be if properly served?

After reading this article, I have stopped going out to feed my Squirrels when there are more than a dozen gathered at a time......just in case!
BBC NEWS | Europe | Russian squirrel pack 'kills dog'

Best Regards!