Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Samantha and the 31 Limited (5 images)
Posted By: hamidlmt, 10-30-2007, 07:22 PM

I did a shoot with Samantha yesterday afternoon. I only used the K10D and FA 31mm 1.8 Limited. Days like this, I feel like the 31 Limited is the only lens I need. Comments welcome... thanks for looking!

Views: 2,295
10-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
#1 and #5 are my faves.

I wish I could have beautiful ladies lined up waiting to pose just for me to take their pictures!! But alas, They either run from me, or i work too late . By the time i get home, its dark and now that I have wife and kid, it makes it all the more difficult to shoot after hours.

Anyway back to the point nice shots in all. I personally don't like the perspective in #2 and #3 could have been a little sharper in the in focus area. Thats just methough

Thanks for posting these.

D
10-30-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
and
Veteran Member

Another great series that makes me jealous of your 31mm. Especially the first one shows off what this lens can do.

I think the first two are great, the third one seems to have a bit lower contrast and saturation? Fourth one very nice although small focus miss with the other eye in focus.
Last one very strange effect with the body in sharp focus and the face out of focus.
10-30-2007, 07:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Image numero uno...
Excellent composition and I just love her eyes, you definitely nailed the focus Hamid and the bokeh is great.

Numbre Duo..
I love the composition and the use of the water reflection is awesome. My only beef is that the day wasn't prettier and you could have had a great blue sky instead of the white/gray sky you captured in the reflection.

Three...
Love the bokeh, but the background is lacking any real colour, but you saved it with a great pose and composition.

Fooooourth...
A fun shot with a lot of good qualities, but the focus just missed a bit, but a shot I'd love to see you do again and nail that focus cause it's a great angle/pose.

Fifth one...
I love the pose and the look on her face is just perfect Hamid, but she needs to wear a cleaner shirt next time cause she has a couple of stains that the tide pen missed

Thanks for sharing Hamid and you did an excellent job again!

10-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks all! We were doing the best we could on a chilly, partly overcast day. The cigar shots from the series will be submitted to a smoking related magazine, so I was trying to go for a grittier feel to match their style. I also know I missed focus a few times, but just like the overall feel.

And, as for the stains on the clothing... darnit... that's the kind of thing that I didn't even notice during the shoot and you notice right away when going through the shots at home.
10-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

He's got good eyes for detail. I missed the stains as well until he pointed them out. Your second shot is really a stunner.
10-30-2007, 10:16 PM   #7
Veteran Member

A very pretty girl and some very pretty shots. I'm mightily jealous of you guys and your superior glass (...and superior skillz).

10-31-2007, 12:16 AM   #8

I realy missed beautiful Samantha
Thanks for fresh pics!
10-31-2007, 09:00 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote
He's got good eyes for detail. I missed the stains as well until he pointed them out. Your second shot is really a stunner.
Yeah... a really good eye! Thanks... I like that second shot too... I'll have to remember that spot and go back on a nicer day.

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
A very pretty girl and some very pretty shots. I'm mightily jealous of you guys and your superior glass (...and superior skillz).

Thanks! Just remember... it's not so much about the glass. As for skills... I could have used a camera phone and Samantha would have still looked great. She's really learning to work the camera... I just show up and snap away!

QuoteOriginally posted by skaktuss Quote
I realy missed beautiful Samantha
Thanks for fresh pics!
I missed working with her too... it's relaxing and fun to shoot with her.

A few more shots, just for kicks...

And, the little friends we met around the pond.

10-31-2007, 09:06 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I love the first and second shot in this series... but my favorite is the first. Just something about the pose... the black and white... not really sure why. You sure have a great eye for composition.
11-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote
I love the first and second shot in this series... but my favorite is the first. Just something about the pose... the black and white... not really sure why. You sure have a great eye for composition.
Thanks James! I just try and fill up the frame, which means using some odd angles at times.