Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
HO Train Engine with Super Takumar
Lens: 50 1.4 Super Takumar Camera: k-x Photo Location: garage ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/6s Aperture: F1.4 
Posted By: justtakingpics, 04-23-2011, 06:13 PM

My first "stock photography" test with dirty stage. Just trying to see what I could come up with with a dirty garage, diffused light, and some odds and ends. Also trying to see if I could get a good image with my super takumar 50 1.4 at 1.4 1/5 on my k-x (as you can see by looking at the ends of the dirty train.)

REALLY big photo
HO Train Engine, dusty and old.

and resized:

I had the big image in the post but thought it was too big and might be against the rules.

Just a rough first try...
Views: 1,696
04-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another Train nut! Cool! I find, that I can get the best photos with a tripod, longer exposure times, stopped down, and firing a flash (low power) during the exposure. As a product shot it gets the job done and is clear enough stopping down will render a much sharper shot (if that's what you're after).

04-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Another Train nut! Cool! I find, that I can get the best photos with a tripod, longer exposure times, stopped down, and firing a flash (low power) during the exposure. As a product shot it gets the job done and is clear enough stopping down will render a much sharper shot (if that's what you're after).

I actually inherited the trains but thought they would make nice practice items to learn how to do product shots for microstock photography. I used a light on the side with a plastic tub top to diffuse the light.

I also thought about getting one of the minipods to be low down on the table. I was just braced handholding it.

Thanks. I have a long long way to go.
04-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps you'll find (I hope) some inspiration here.

To The Trains - a set on Flickr