Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Bottom of Columbia Valley
Lens: FA 43mm Limited Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Revelstoke, BC, Canada ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Chex, 04-25-2011, 01:11 AM

This is a west facing shot from the bottom of the Columbia Valley, Mt.Begbie on the left, Mt. McPherson beside it. Shot this morning before the kids went to a big easter egg hunt.

Hmm Wish displayed pic size was file size based and not resolution based these poor panos don't get justice done in here!

Attached Images

Views: 1,712
04-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

No, panos don't come up so well in the forums! I bet that looks awesome on a good monitor, Chex. Wild spectacular country you have captured well.
04-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is my home town. Born there as was my dad. What a beautiful location. I know this area extremely well. Our family even has a Street named after them on the way to the Ski Hill., Camozzi Street. Cheers and thank you for posting. I am heading back in May for a visit. Still have family there including my dad. JIMBO
04-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I know a few Camozzi's around town, my family has been here for over 100 years (on my mothers side). I escaped for 9 years and returned to raise my fam.

04-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Ok, which clan member of mine do you know? My dad is Lorne Camozzi. Still have cousins there and one uncle. What is your family name? [Mothers and Fathers] The town honored eight families with a street name on the 100th birthday. [one huge party I missed and I am still mad about that] I was born in the old hospital as was my dad. I need to spend a little time there tkaing pictures. Believe yours was taken out South past the airport. Cheers JIMBO
04-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Heheh clan hey.. sounds familiar, like my family around here (Manson's). I know Brenda Camozzi, from when she worked at the highschool. My dad is James Manson, and my mother is Marla (maiden name is McMahon, her dad is Tom who worked for CP Rail for years).
Good to see another 'stokian on here, I know other Pentax shooters in town and try to get them to get them involved here too.
04-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Brenda is my aunt. [was married to Richard Camozzi many years ago] Know your families names. In Revelstoke you either worked for CP or the lumber business. Our family was involved with the foresty side. [building roads / logging] Great to see another Stoker on board. Cheers JIM