Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Take us out to the ballgame.....
Lens: DA 55 - 300 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Minneapolis, Mn 
Posted By: UpNorth, 04-29-2011, 07:32 AM

I took one of my sons to the Twins game on Easter. We had seats on the 3rd deck out in centerfield, so I brought along the DA 55-300 for some "reach". While not the sharpest tool in the box, for its price it does a fine job, I'd say.....

#1 - Pre game warmups

#2 - And so it starts

#3 - Patroling the outfield (Denard Spahn)

#4 - Spahn at bat

#5 - Kubel singles to right

#6 - Morneau takes a pitch

#7 - Pitching change

And finally one with the K10D and the Sigma 10-20mm.This lens grabs a lot of real estate. Not many lenses can go foul pole to foul pole!

Beautiful weather (which we haven't had much of), time with one of the kids, and the Twins come back for a victory. Doesn't get much better than that!

Thanks for looking,

Tim

Last edited by UpNorth; 04-29-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Views: 1,549
04-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i can smell the grass and hear the crack of the bat from here !!
glad to see the twinkies get out of the metrodome.... playin' outdoors was good enuff for carew, the killer and tony oliva.... dave m
04-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tim, fun series to view and that is a great looking park. The 10-20mm gives a great view of the park. I am with Dave on the old day names. Loved Harmon Killebrew at 3rd base, those were the days. Bob
04-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
i can smell the grass and hear the crack of the bat from here !!
glad to see the twinkies get out of the metrodome.... playin' outdoors was good enuff for carew, the killer and tony oliva.... dave m
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Tim, fun series to view and that is a great looking park. The 10-20mm gives a great view of the park. I am with Dave on the old day names. Loved Harmon Killebrew at 3rd base, those were the days. Bob

Dave - You and me both. There were some good memories there, but it sure was a crappy stadium to watch baseball in. I used to love to go to old Met Stadium to watch those guys (and Blyleven, and Larry Hisle, and "Disco Dan" Ford) play after I moved to Minnesota in '73.

Bob - Thanks. It is a very nice park. Killer still very active with the Twins - although he almost missed spring training this year for the first time in like 112 years because of cancer. Sounds like he's on the mend now though.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to look and comment.....

Tim