Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Head Down
Lens: Sigma 600mm f8 mirrored Camera: K20D Photo Location: Newport, RI ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: tim.anderson, 04-30-2011, 01:41 PM

Here is one of the seagulls that I was shooting right before the sky cleared and I snapped the picture of Fort Adams I posted a couple of days ago.
Views: 1,467
04-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Purty shot with a mirror lens. Sometimes mine surprises me also. i like the classic mirror donuts in the surf and the bird came out really nice. Its people like you that make me dust off the 800/8 mirror and go for a walk now and then.
05-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
Sometimes you can't beat the lighter weight of the mirrored when it gives you a nice result. I will be the first to admit that the sigma 150-500 blows the socks off my mirrored, but I can handle the mirrored so much better trying to get birds in flight or even just walking around for while.

Glad I can help give some old lenses new life. My wife gets most of the new fancy lenses so I end up spending most of my time with the M series or the old Sigma's like this 600mm mirrored. I think it has really helped me hone my ability to adjust for lighting though because I can rarely let the camera do it, I end up using manual mode even when I have one of the "gucci" new lenses attached.

Sorry to ramble on though it's Sunday Morning and I don't have much else to do.

Tim
05-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

great shot especially using a longer lens, the photo has a very nice feel to it. thanks for sharing. Bob