Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Cactus Flowers - for Travlin' Bob Harris
Lens: DA 35/2.8 Limited Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Matagorda County, TX ISO: 50 
Posted By: Sailor, 05-01-2011, 03:17 PM

It happens that cacti turn up in some of the coastal areas of Texas (indigenous or invaders - beats me), and I (literally and painfully) stumbled into one the other day during a fast, back-road cruise down to Matagorda County. After pulling spines off the offending plant from my shins, I photographed it. It was windy as stink, and both pics were shot hand-held at f/8 with high shutter speeds and ISO 200 and 400 (but I can't remember which is which).

Jer

Views: 1,893
05-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those are great Bob.. I spent the day gardening, so hopefully, this time next year we have something to show you.
05-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Those are great Bob.. I spent the day gardening, so hopefully, this time next year we have something to show you.
Norm, the reason they are great is because Jer took the photos, not me.

Jer, the bloom is off of the first one, but the other is sure pretty. I think the first one may have evidence of human skin remnants. It is much easier and certainly more safe to get these cactus shots when you go with your granddaughter to Lowe's. Bob
05-02-2011, 06:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Hey Norm - thanks, but if you want to see some really good cactus flower shots, look at some of Bob's postings.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Norm, the reason they are great is because Jer took the photos, not me.

Jer, the bloom is off of the first one, but the other is sure pretty. I think the first one may have evidence of human skin remnants. It is much easier and certainly more safe to get these cactus shots when you go with your granddaughter to Lowe's. Bob
Hey, bob - shows what I know; I thought the first shot was of cactus waiting to bloom . Actually, I thought about the snug safety of Lowes as I pulled out spines and yelled things like, &^%)%^$ abd @#$!(.

Jer