Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Bokito
Lens: Sigma 150-500mm Camera: Pentax K-r Photo Location: Blijdorp Zoo, Rotterdam, The Netherlands ISO: 200 
Posted By: EricR, 05-02-2011, 06:01 AM

One of the most famous residents of the Blijdorp Zoo in Rotterdam. Famous because in 2007 Bokito managed to break out of his compound and got on a rampage injuring four visitors.
Views: 1,825
05-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Excellent composition, he looks massive and easily irritated!

brink
05-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Eric, wonderful shot and closeup with great clarity. I would like to see more of this magnificent animal. Was the shot taken this close or was it cropped. thanks, enjoyed the view. Bob
05-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Eric, wonderful shot and closeup with great clarity. I would like to see more of this magnificent animal. Was the shot taken this close or was it cropped. thanks, enjoyed the view. Bob

Thanks Bob. Just a slight crop to frame his face a little bit better. I took my Sigma 150-500mm with me so could get good close-ups.

I have some more shots of Bokito, even one where he seems to be smiling at me.

05-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These guys are special animals, you used the big lens with excellent results. I would like to see a few more if you don't mind. Thanks for responding, very interesting view of this massive beast. Bob
05-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
These guys are special animals, you used the big lens with excellent results. I would like to see a few more if you don't mind. Thanks for responding, very interesting view of this massive beast. Bob
Two more shots of Bokito :

Getting shots like the portrait was not that easy. Bokito moves around a lot and when he is not moving he is out of sight most of the time.
05-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eric, thanks so much for adding the extra photos. I have been to many zoos and preserves and they are generally not viewable. The 2nd shot looks like he is looking right at you with kindness for taking his photo. take care Bob

05-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #8

Original Poster
He was looking at me Bob, I guess the 150-500mm got his attention. At one moment he seems to be grinning :

05-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eric, you are right. He goes from a grin to a frown, looks like you made a friend. Thanks for the photos. You sure got him up close and personal. Bob