Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Cycling / Tour de France
Lens: DA17-70/55-300/35ltd Camera: K20d Photo Location: Avoriaz/Rotterdam ISO: 50 
Posted By: brink, 05-02-2011, 12:55 PM

Hi there, here's some shots from last years grande boucle...

and for the fans: which one is the odd one out?

brink

ps. most of the shots were taken with the 35ltd. I love that lens! It's so versatile!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Last edited by brink; 05-02-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Views: 2,175
06-22-2011, 03:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No. 2 is the odd one out. No number on the back or on the bike, unrecognizable jersey, and his identically-clad mate is taking his picture.

Good one of Contador and Schleck in the colourful crowd.

Sincerely,
--Anders.
06-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by asp1880 Quote
No. 2 is the odd one out. No number on the back or on the bike, unrecognizable jersey, and his identically-clad mate is taking his picture.

Good one of Contador and Schleck in the colourful crowd.

Sincerely,
--Anders.
You're absolutely right asp 1880! No2 is the odd one out. Bit of a giveaway of course, especially if you're interested in (photography of) competition cycling.

The cyclist in the No2 pic is one of the many amateurs climbing the mountain to Avoriaz in last years tour, just before they closed the roads. It was a great experience to join the huge crowds on the mountain. The day after I tried to match Contadors pace on the hills around Les Gets and Morzine. I failed...

About the the first picture: thanks, very colourful and bright indeed. The various colours of spectators and the jerseys always make a good scene.

Are you interested in photography of pro cycling?

Sincerely,

Arno
06-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like these shots, Arno, even the second one, because in that one you can tell that the cyclist is (as Phil or Paul would say) digging deep into his suitcase of courage. What a thrill to have been there! I would love to myself someday. Will you get a chance this time?

06-24-2011, 02:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brink Quote
Are you interested in photography of pro cycling?
I don't shoot pro cycling personally, I mostly shoot my frends and clubmates when they compete in the local amateur events, and post some of it here. But I enjoy the art of Graham Watson and the more journalistic style of Sirotti, of course.

Sincerely,
--Anders.