Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
That's why they are called "ruby throated humming birds"
Lens: DA 55-300 Camera: k20d Photo Location: saugus ma. ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: charliezap, 05-04-2011, 06:42 PM

[IMG][/IMG]
It seems that it has been a long while that I have been back to the forum but with Spring time having arrived I have been really busy around the home 20 sprucing up the surroundings and still working 40 plus hours a week at Generous Electric.My hummingbird showed up from his Winter hiatus on schedule the other day and today I made a point of getting at least one shot.It was darkish and raining and I used the flash to provide the lighting which doesn't phase him in the least. Hopefully when I get caught up with my Springtime chores I'll have more time for myself and right now it looks like July 29th will be my last day at G.E. Time does fly by.--charliezap
Views: 1,716
05-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
wow..great shot..and the bird is amazing.
05-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Charlie, great shot, I have taken hundreds of hummingbird photos and never able to get the throat color that vibrant. Glad the birds are back for you to enjoy. Bob
05-05-2011, 05:10 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Capn, I've been trying to get a decent shot of one of the characters for two or three years and I've been an abject failure in this regard (in many regards according to my wife).

Congratulations on making the grade!

Jer

05-05-2011, 06:19 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Coeurdechene Quote
wow..great shot..and the bird is amazing.
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Charlie, great shot, I have taken hundreds of hummingbird photos and never able to get the throat color that vibrant. Glad the birds are back for you to enjoy. Bob
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Capn, I've been trying to get a decent shot of one of the characters for two or three years and I've been an abject failure in this regard (in many regards according to my wife).

Congratulations on making the grade!

Jer
Thanks guys..The hbirds are quite fearless and you can stand right next to the feeder and fire away even with flash which really accentuates the throat area.I took this shot from about 6-7 ft away through an open window with the DA 55-300.By the time that the Summer is over I should have a slew of shots of this little guy who shares this feeder with only his mate.--capn zap