Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Yeatzee's macros: Jumping spider close-up
Posted By: yeatzee, 05-05-2011, 10:58 PM

Well I was able to setup a legitimate stack today with my new linear stage

Ok so here's stack #2 with the linear stage. All in all, from beginning of the shoot to now, it has taken something like 8 hours of work. Long story short I bumped the setup ruining the stack so i had to start over, my batteries died in both my camera and my flashes so I had to wait for everything to charge mid-stack, stacking takes what has to be close to an hour since my laptop is so slow.... which I had to do three times because I tried to figure out how to make the hairs not have those odd artifacts which i could not undo so I had to start over again each time, and because finally when I had everything ok the computer froze and did not start to work again for another hour or so :shock:

UGH

SO, here's the final result. All in all, very minimal PP just cropping, rotating, RAW to jpeg conversion, and some curves.

60 images stacked, at increments of .05mm. The setup was a Pentax F 135mm F/2.8 with a reversed Pentax F 28mm F/2.8 stacked. The 135mm was wideopen and the 28mm was at I believe F/4. 3 second shutter speed, MLU, two flashes with their own respective diffusers, ISO 100.

What do you think of this one?

edit: some crops

The subject is a jumper I've had since it turned adult about a year ago. Its obviously dead now enabling me to do this

Last edited by yeatzee; 05-06-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Views: 6,772
05-12-2011, 07:19 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Thanks so much for you help !

05-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamned!
05-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster