Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
You Want Color?
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Rupert, 05-07-2011, 08:34 AM

You won't find it shooting a Spanish Dove! I see these in my yard fairly often, they prefer dead trees or dead branches, since they blend in so well. Not colorful, but their wing markings give nice contrast.
Best Regards!

[IMG] [/IMG]

Views: 2,398
05-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rupert, you sure have an interesting variety of wildlife on your property. Like you said this type of dove does blend right into a dead branch or tree. thanks for sharing. Bob
05-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
What a great shot! She blends tight in really well, That K5 sure does a great job in the details of that Spanish Dove!!!!
05-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Bob, I spend a small fortune on animal feed......I feed tons of different birds, too many Squirrels to count, and every night one old Possum and her Baby and two Raccoons and their four Babies (almost grown now).
There is something very pleasant about looking out my office windows and seeing life all around me. Stopping to watch a Squirrel fight, or some new bird just adds value to the day. I spend a lot of time viewing out these four windows!
Best Regards & Thanks!
[IMG] [/IMG]

05-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
Inactive Account

what an awesome man cave! errrrrr I mean office! My wonderful wife is going through my pictures to have some framed also.
05-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ggeorge11 Quote
what an awesome man cave! errrrrr I mean office! My wonderful wife is going through my pictures to have some framed also.
I do love my office and spend many hours in here. It is near perfect for my photography work, as it once was for my plumbing business. I built it myself, and it is where I "live" most of the time.

Looking the other way.....
[IMG] [/IMG]

This cabinet should have been a little larger, but I may add on to it...wishful thinking!

Best Regards! & Thanks again!

BTW- See Otis' golden Nuts on the wall? He wanted me to keep them inside during the winter months. Can't say I blame him, cold nuts are no a good thing!
05-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The plumage does mirror tree bark doesn't it. Nice work.

05-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
The plumage does mirror tree bark doesn't it. Nice work.
Thanks! They are more solitary that other doves, and usually travel in pairs instead of large groups. Spotting a couple of them in an old dead tree can be difficult, they do just blend right in.
Best Regards!
05-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
Inactive Account

WOW!!!
05-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

that's one impressive den of pentax equity rupert....... impressive collection and kudos to you for your love of nature and how you care for your wildlife ..... dave m
05-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Rupert, after I get back form the El Paso, I will be in the Hill Country, taking pictures of a couple of some wineries for an article I am doing, I will drop you a line when I head that way, I know a couple of these place have some unreal wines!
05-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ggeorge11 Quote
Rupert, after I get back form the El Paso, I will be in the Hill Country, taking pictures of a couple of some wineries for an article I am doing, I will drop you a line when I head that way, I know a couple of these place have some unreal wines!
Drop me a line anytime! I am not a wine enthusiast, it all tastes like shoe polish to me, but Fredericksburg has some excellent Ales at The Brewery on Main Street. We have a few wineries locally, and had a sampling event on the Square last week, but I was busy and didn't check it out.

I am not really much of a drinker, sometimes a good wheat ale, or if I can get some fine Paris (Texas) Cognac from the Piney Woods of East Texas. Otis has contacts out that way.....a certain Jethro can make a fine batch of "firewater", as Otis calls it.
It's even better since he stopped using lead in his copper coils.........they say lead is bad for brain function....but you haven't noticed that in me....have you?
Best Regards!
05-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #13
Inactive Account

It is a deal, a nice iced tea works well for me also. But I have to admit an occasional Ale or 3 doesn't hurt also!
05-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Nice one Rupert, great details on the feathers.
05-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now, that is some digs as they say, who I am not sure said that but it sure fits here. Thanks for the tour Rupert and a view of the golden jewels. Quite a collection, I am not sure which lens I would use first, but it certainly looks like it would be Pentax. Bob