Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Model photo shoot using small flashes
Posted By: imadethis, 11-02-2007, 05:47 PM

Just thought I'd share a photo from a shoot of the lovely TuongVan. The shot was set up with three lights. One sunpak 444d flash unit + umbrella to light the model. Natural side lighting from a window. One flash to light the background.

K10D FA 35mm f2 at F2.2 1/100 ISO 100
1. Calibrated camera via Xrite Color Checker
2. Shot RAW and converted via ACR
3. Slight post processing

Views: 2,025
11-02-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sharp clean shot. Not sure I like the plant in the background it is a little distracting.
11-02-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

There's a plant in the background?

Oh, yes! Now that you mention it......
11-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Shame!

Shame on you!

Calling TuongVan lovely...

She's absolutely devine!

I'd also like a cleaner BG, though.

11-02-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Yeah... what plant? What background?
11-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Great capture and the lighting is spot on! My only beef is chopping off the model across her shoulder... not sure if I like that or not, but the look and lighting really make up for any of things that distract me.
11-03-2007, 02:37 AM   #7
and
Veteran Member

Lovely model indeed and very nicely done lighting. Altho I also would have preferred not to cut her right side so much because what is gained from cutting away is showing more of the background and that plant and there is not really anything good gained from that.

But, very nice!

11-03-2007, 06:32 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in love, what a beautiful lady.
11-03-2007, 07:39 AM   #9
Inactive Account

I second the notion of the background being changed. The plant is distracting, I think a one color background would have done the photo justice. Now not knowing what is on the left of the model, but if you had to crop out more distraction then a change of angle would be in order. As far as crisp clear well balanced color and lighting this i feel is spot on.
Congrats on the shoot and congrats on having access to such a lovely model.
11-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
I second the notion of the background being changed. The plant is distracting, I think a one color background would have done the photo justice. Now not knowing what is on the left of the model, but if you had to crop out more distraction then a change of angle would be in order. As far as crisp clear well balanced color and lighting this i feel is spot on.
Congrats on the shoot and congrats on having access to such a lovely model.
Thanks for the input and motivation guys. Photo Tramp, you are spot on where there was something distracting on the right of the model, so I cropped part of the photo out. I honestly have not shot much studio portraiture, so this was practice for me getting the look. I will use the suggestions you guys gave me the next time I shoot.

Cheers!