Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Last blooms of summer and some fall color
Posted By: Photo Tramp, 11-03-2007, 05:51 AM

Just a few shots from this morning. I was surprised to see the clematis in bloom since the weather has gotten so much colder, and these petunias have been through the mill with long weeks of no water and scorching sum, but they hang in there.

And finally fall colors have really started to show up.

all taken with Pentax K100D and DA 50-200mm Pentax lens.
Hope you like.
Views: 1,280
11-03-2007, 06:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I tell you Dave that 50-200 is magic on your K100. Amazing shots and #3 is my favorite of all. Love the DOF love the colors. Great shot. Only nit (if it is even that) is t he leaf coming in on the top left. I guess it gives a little more to the overal shot so maybe I am off. ANyway thanks for sharing.
11-03-2007, 06:31 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I guess that's what happens when you try not to shoot the whole bush. Thanks Pat.
11-03-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Great shots. My personal favorite is the first. The second has wonderful, saturated color but having two rather than one or three blooms somehow doesn't do it for me. The last image with its limited depth of field causes my eye to zero in on the out of focus leaf in the foreground. While it's a good shot of the season's fading colors and an example of selective focus, I prefer the first shot overall. Thanks for showing us your images.

11-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

#3 is beautiful... I have never seen colors quite like that.. The ting of the yellow, red and blue blend well..

I do agree with vievetrick though.. the leaf at the top left corner is distracting.... Hey.. like you said that is what you get when you do not do the whole bush!!!! LOL

Great pics!!
11-03-2007, 12:28 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lovely shots, most particularly No.1. I love Clematis, but despite many efforts they just wont grow here. Too high humidity I am informed. That one is really beautiful.
Well done!